Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question regarding the Votto extension...

Question regarding the Votto extension...

Why would we give him 38 mil for the next 3 years if we had him for the next three years regardless for about 500K per year? Seems like you would just wait until the 3 years are up and if he is continuing to produce offer him a 5 year 50-75 million dollar deal? Not trying to complain I'm just curious, and ignorant to the situation obviously!

I just remember when I was growing up players that were home grown had to spend 7 years with the team in the MLB that drafted them, which I'm sure that has changed with all the greedy MLBPA and crap, I love Votto and he is my favorite player but the thought of paying a damn athelete millions of dollars to play a game that 93% of us would play for 100K or less is amazing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question regarding the Votto extension...

"The 27-year-old first baseman was eligible for arbitration, but the new contract will allow the Reds to avoid that. Votto, meanwhile, gets a multiyear deal without delaying his free-agent eligibility in 2014."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1BLqKY5Vc

Thanks! I never really understood arbitration, one of the many perks of the good ole Communist players union!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    but the thought of paying a damn athelete millions of dollars to play a game that 93% of us would play for 100K or less is amazing.
    LOLOLOLOL

Turn Off Ads?