Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would Joey fetch?

What would Joey fetch?

Walt forbid, but what if this signing means that Mr. MVP wants to get to free agency on time and get his payday. I like Joey as much as the next guy but baseball is a business and the Reds would be hard pressed to match a free agent offer to Mr. Votto. What could the Reds get in return for after this year?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What would Joey fetch?

A super ticked off fan base?

they just signed him to 3 years to avoid arbitration, the reds are not gonna trade votto unless its in the last year of his contract and they are out of contention at the ASB.

if he maintains his current level, in three years i'd expect contracts values to raise. 6 years $25 million+ per year, i'd suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    A super ticked off fan base?
    This. You think Adam Dunn was crucified? TBH even though Votto is my favorite player I kinda lost a positive feeling for him with the way he always cold shouldered the question about a Reds LTC.

I don't think there is any chance he is traded until at the earliest right before the trade deadline in his 2nd year and that's only if we are out of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    This. You think Adam Dunn was crucified? TBH even though Votto is my favorite player I kinda lost a positive feeling for him with the way he always cold shouldered the question about a Reds LTC.
    Why? What did you expect him to say?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I don't think there is any chance he is traded until at the earliest right before the trade deadline in his 2nd year and that's only if we are out of contention.
    This is pretty much spot on.

Quite simply there isn't any reason to deal him in the next year. He's under the Reds control for the next three seasons, will likely outperform the contract and the Reds don't have a suitable replacement.

If Alonso goes crazy at AAA and Votto doesn't warm to the idea of a LTC, I could see the Reds putting out some feelers to see what kind of return they could get for Votto during the next off season. Until then there really isn't any point to looking to move him.

I'm getting so sick of reading comments about trading Votto. They finally have a stud franchise type player. When you get a player like that you KEEP them. There is a reason he would bring back so much in a trade, hes valuable. the Most Valuable Player in the entire league in fact. If you want to keep having winning seasons, you keep Votto. If you want to go back to the way things were before he got there, trade him for some prospects, who are cheap.

JV is going no where, our owner has shown when "he" wants to he will pony up the monies, look for Votto's deal to get "redone" at somepoint after this next season to expand by 3-4 more seasons....

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    Why? What did you expect him to say?
    Uh I expect a little loyalty and say "this is the team that drafted me, given me the chance to perform, and I helped to put this proud franchise back on the map, the least I can do is reward them with a LTC to help build a new Big Red Machine Dyansty."

Uh I expect a little loyalty and say "this is the team that drafted me, given me the chance to perform, and I helped to put this proud franchise back on the map, the least I can do is reward them with a LTC to help build a new Big Red Machine Dyansty."
    He was honest, that's all we can ask from him. He said he's too young to even think about what he wants in 5-7 years. That's understandable.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Votto should get all that hes worth and who could blame him

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    JV is going no where, our owner has shown when "he" wants to he will pony up the monies, look for Votto's deal to get "redone" at somepoint after this next season to expand by 3-4 more seasons....
    But what if Votto decides that HE wants to go back to Toronto and play, or simply wants the biggest payday possible and the Reds get outbid by one of the big boys?
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'm getting so sick of reading comments about trading Votto. They finally have a stud franchise type player. When you get a player like that you KEEP them.
    You also keep hearing that power hitting 1st basemen are easy to find

The last time the Reds had a 1st basemen with 30+hr and hit .300+ was 51 years ago

1959 Frank Robinson

what this was not good enough for you?

“But I can’t imagine playing anywhere else,” he said. “I enjoy myself. I can’t imagine being with a better team. The Yankees or Red Sox — that’s a lot to deal with. I don’t want to go anywhere else.”

Turn Off Ads?