Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teams you would sacrifice championships for.

Re: Teams you would sacrifice championships for.

I would give up all future claims to a Reds world championship for just one victory by my Washington Generals over the dreaded Harlem Globetrotters.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I would give up all future claims to a Reds world championship for just one victory by my Washington Generals over the dreaded Harlem Globetrotters.
    I saw the Generals beat the Trotters back in the early 80's.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I would sacrifice all of the Cardinals WS rings for the Reds to win another
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Reminds me of a great Simpsons episode:

Krusty The Clown's accountant: "You bet AGAINST The Harlem Globetrotters?!?"

Krusty: "Ah, I thought The Generals were due! He's spinning the ball on his finger... just take it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

That game was fixed! They were using a freakin' ladder, for God's sake!

I would sacrifice Mike Brown of the Bengals for another REDS' Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I would trade in as many Bengals championships as needed to secure a World Series for the Reds, a National Championship for Xavier basketball or a BCS title for Marshall Football. Though I think I'd probably have to actually sacrifice the Bengals for that last one!
    I don't have anything to trade. The Reds are about the only team and sport I watch,except Marshall basketball.I don't think sacrificing Marshall basketball would help.

The Reds are my only favorite team that has a World Championship.

The Bengals have lost 2 SBs.

The WV Mountaineers have lost 2 National title Games.

So my sacrifice would be I would trade the expansion of the Bengals moving to another city and changing names for another chance to experience a Reds World Series title. With WVU I would sacrifice losses to Pitt if it meant another Reds World Series Title (I would have to be gauranteed a 4 game sweep for this). The Reds mean THAT much to me!

Come on now everyone, you can't sacrifice Bengals' Super Bowl wins because we all know that Mike Brown just doesn't want to go to Super Bowls (they're too expensive), so that's like saying I'll sacrifice future Cincinnati Royals' NBA Championships...

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    Come on now everyone, you can't sacrifice Bengals' Super Bowl wins because we all know that Mike Brown just doesn't want to go to Super Bowls (they're too expensive), so that's like saying I'll sacrifice future Cincinnati Royals' NBA Championships...

YouTube - Mike Brown and Art Rooney II, EP1

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

This is weird, I am a huge reds fan, but I also am a Bengals fan. I would rather see the Reds win the world series, but I think it would be cooler for the Bengals to win a super bowl. does that make any sense?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    This is weird, I am a huge reds fan, but I also am a Bengals fan. I would rather see the Reds win the world series, but I think it would be cooler for the Bengals to win a super bowl. does that make any sense?
    Not really, I'm a Bengals fan myself, but in all honesty would probably be jealous if the Bengals won a ring and the Reds didn't, I was actually secretly glad that the Bengals sucked this year to prove that the real pride of Cincinnati sports is the Reds. People pissed me off so bad last year, the Reds were doing great and all Cincinnatians wanted to talk about was when the damn Bengals season started.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Not really, I'm a Bengals fan myself, but in all honesty would probably be jealous if the Bengals won a ring and the Reds didn't, I was actually secretly glad that the Bengals sucked this year to prove that the real pride of Cincinnati sports is the Reds. People pissed me off so bad last year, the Reds were doing great and all Cincinnatians wanted to talk about was when the damn Bengals season started.
    That's true, but it was a great time last year because both teams were/were suppose to do good. boy I miss that lol.

I just think the Superbowl is so much bigger then the world series, and seeing my team in it would be great. But like I said, I would rather see the Reds win the World Series if I had to choose.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    That's true, but it was a great time last year because both teams were/were suppose to do good. boy I miss that lol.

I just think the Superbowl is so much bigger then the world series, and seeing my team in it would be great. But like I said, I would rather see the Reds win the World Series if I had to choose.
    Well even if the Super Bowl is bigger in the eyes of the media and all the little ADHD Generation Yers I still believe the World Series is better and more dramatic...think about it, the SuperBowl is one game, lose and its over, in the World Series you can lose 1, 2, or even 3 games and STILL be Worlds Champions. Also for Cincinnati a World Series is ten times bigger than a Super Bowl. You get at least 2 home games, the Super Bowl is usually in Miami or something. Plus Cincinnati is and always will be a baseball town!

I would honestly trade any material possession, other than my home, or any memory outside of the family stuff, for Vanderbilt to win an SEC football title.

I think I'll get to keep all my stuff and my memories.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?