Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your pick for 2012 breakout player of the year

Your pick for 2012 breakout player of the year

[NOTE: Should have read 2011]

Mine?

Pitcher: Kyle Lotzkar. Monster stuff, but the potential for injury still scares me. If he could put it all together this year, I could see him jumping two, maybe even three levels this year giving the Reds a top starting prospect in between the arms currently with the Reds/L'Ville and those in the lower levels.

Honorable mentions: Brad Boxberger. Time to make a decision. Starter or closer. He didn't show that well out of the pen, but I'd love to see him evolve into a closer prospect who can challenge when Coco is gone.

Phil Valiquette. Cage that elephant. It would be very nice to see him get his control of that high 90s heater under control and make it that much easier to transition Aroldis to the rotation.

Position Player: Juan Duran/Kyle Waldrop/Jarren Matthews. The Reds have a lack of corner OFers with power currently in the minors. It would definitely be nice to see at least two of this trio to start stepping forward. Of course, there's still plenty of time for all three to develop.

Honorable mentions: Todd Frazier. Probably does not profile as a plus starter at any oneposition, but has the potential to be a very valuable da Rosa-type handyman. It would be nice to see him come out of the gate hitting like he did the second half of the season at L'Ville - fewer Ks would be welconed too.

Zach Cozart. A higher Avg/OBP in his second go-round in AA would be very nice news.

Henry Rodriguez. Just an HRod fan. I'd like to see his power potential keep inching up a little more. Another guy with solid bench potential, IMO.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 01-20-2011 at 12:52 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?