Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you have an American League team?

do you have an American League team?

i've never been able to consistently maintain an interest in any team other than the Reds but I'm thinking what can it hurt to pick out an AL team to follow a little. I considered the Sox and the big donkey but then I'd be aligned with Ozzie...veto. I considered the Royals but outside of a very impressive bunch of young arms(that may or may not stay healthy)there rally isn't much going on there imo...veto. The Twins? still associate them with Hrbek...veto. The Yankees? too much drama. The Red Sox? too many bandwaggoners. The Rays? hey I don't wanna drive over that bridge either! veto.

I'm going all Baltimore Orioles this season...lots of young talent and lot's of confidence following last seasons second half.

Who might you adopt? lots of homeless AL teams ya know

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: do you have an American League team?

I am a big fan of the teams who I feel 'do it the way I like'. The Twins and Rays top that list.

I'll follow the White Sox more closely because of Adam Dunn but I can't imagine ever really caring about a team other than the Reds.

My motto is you only suppose to have one team and thats how I have always been.The Cincinnati Reds are my only team.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I use to be a Tiger fan, but that waned over the years, they were my first love so I have a special place for them... I follow the west coast teams in the later evening, mostly the Angels/Dodger/Giants.

Whoever is playing the Red Sox and Yankees. And if they are playing each other I will NOT watch ESPN at all that day. Otherwise I'll tune in if the games on and watch but I don't have a favorite although I was hoping the Rangers would win the world series this past year and loved them neutering the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

I became somewhat of a Yankee fan when Paul O'Neill was traded. Still kind of am. However I would probably align myself more with the Rangers for an AL team since I have moved down here and they have Hamilton.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The Royals have been my favorite AL team for years. I like rooting for underdogs. If they become successful, I could see my allegiance changing.

I could never root for a team that plays by made up, sissy pants rules. But if I had to, I would root for the Mariners, for obvious reasons.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

No. Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Royals have been my favorite AL team for years. I like rooting for underdogs. If they become successful, I could see my allegiance changing.

Sounds like you just like rooting for bad teams.:

I kinda follow the White Sox since they are close to Indy but I really like the way the Twins run their organization.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Royals have always been my favorite AL team. I followed the DRays when they launched because I was living in the Tampa area but I lost interest in them.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I adopted the Red Sox as my AL team back when Nomar came up. Been with them ever since.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Royals have always been my favorite AL team. I followed the DRays when they launched because I was living in the Tampa area but I lost interest in them.
    That's the exact thing that happened to me.

Turn Off Ads?