Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RedsZoner's baseball exploits

RedsZoner's baseball exploits

Lots of knowledge on here. Curious how many of us have actually played.

Just for fun, let's share baseball exploits:

1. Highest level of organized baseball played?

for me, highschool (the dream ended when I failed to make my college team as a walk-on)

2. What position(s)? I played SS and pitched

3. Highlight of playing career?

I won the "most valuable defensive player" award for my high school team

Plus I hit my only over the fence homerun as a 12 yr old - never hit another one again. (I was strictly a defensive player, no stick!)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZoner's baseball exploits

UPRedsFn, does this include fake characters you created on MLB the Show? If you do, I won 7 MVP's straight, broke the HR record with just being in the league 8 years, and have a .501 career average.

In all seriousness, I only played little league lol. I still have a strong arm but not good enough to pitch and hitting is like trying to figured out the Pythagorean Theorem.

1. High School
    2. SS, 1B, P
    3. Hurling a no-hitter as a 13 year old in Knothole

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

1) hs
    2) mainly 2nd b.
    3) 7-7 in a doubleheader on my birthday in the snow (i was probably a .200 hitter)

1) High School
    2) 2b, CF, and RF, speed and a good arm, my bat didn't do much in highschool
    3) walk off straight steal of home, I miss base running the most

1 - HS...had invites to 1 D2 school and 2 D3 schools. Tore my rotator cuff and had to have reconstruction. Never was able to make it back.
    2 - RF/CF/1B
    3 - Game winning hit in bottom of 21 inning playoff game. Also had highest AVG on my high school team that anyone had over previous 10 years (.495)

I miss it.

-Matt

i like to consider myself a pretty good wiffle ball player

Are there any former college players or anyone who played professionally on here?

1. Semi-Pro
    2. 3B, SS, 1B and outfield
    3. Throwing two runners out at the plate in the same game while playing left field in high school

I played on God's team.

But, that was during a dream.

College ball for one partial year (walked on after missing most of senior HS year with torn ligaments in my catching hand).
    One year semi pro ball (thats what they called it, seemed like good adult league-mostly college/just finished players), one year adult wood bat league.
    Catcher, I was a good defensive catcher, not much of a bat, lot of speed for a catcher.
    Making unanimous All State as starting catcher over Barry Foote's (sp?) son who was drafted by the Braves 2 years later. Set conference record for stoeln bases. Once had 2 assists in a game on putouts at first as a catcher. Tore my rotator 4th game into my semipro season.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Babe Ruth
    1B and OF
    Made LL All-star team
    My dream ended when pithces started curving.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Played first base in high school.

Played P, 3B and 1B in Little League thru Babe Ruth.

Career highlight would probably be the Babe Ruth All-Star tournament when I was 15. I went 3-3 against Mickey Martin, including a monster home run to center field in a game played at Shillito Park in Lexington. That was probably the furthest I ever hit a baseball.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

1) Amateur / Semi pro
    2) Middle infield through HS, then LF after
    3a) Hard to isolate a favorite highlight. The stat I remember most is that in my senior year in HS, I struck out only 4 times all season, and didn't whiff at all until game 12. (I struck out looking twice in one game against C.A.P.E. who threw a lefty that kept painting the outside corner.)
    3b) After my youth playing career was over, I played in adult rec leagues. One summer in Las Vegas, the other team put a MLB pitcher on the mound (he was not on anyone's active roster at the time, but ended up pitching for the Tigers later that summer.) His name is Vic Darrensbourg, a lefty who debuted with the Marlins in 1998 and actually had a damn good rookie year. After that, he was nothing special, but still got a decent number of innings. At any rate, it was in the summer of 2005 when I faced Vic who up until that point had dominated our team. I was 34 years old, using a wooden bat, and am a left-handed hitter going against a southpaw who's known more for is pinpoint accuracy and junk rather than sizzling heat.

In my only appearance against Vic, I reached out and touched a low and outside breaking ball and looped it over their leaping shortstop into left-center for a hit. So, I am proud to say that my career batting average against major league pitching is 1.000

Hot damn I love baseball.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    So, I am proud to say that my career batting average against major league pitching is 1.000
    LOL ... nice. That has to be some kind of unofficial record, eh? Or at least that's what I'd be telling my children, grandchildren, friends, etc.

Turn Off Ads?