Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Just watching NFL Gameday - they said Carson Palmer has said he wants to be traded or he will retire.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

I like Carson even more now than before. Good for him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Let him retire and forfeit the $16 million on his contract.

I don't like Bengals management, but Carson has not exactly proven to be part of the solution either. If he's willing to give up that much money out of pure stubbornness, I kind of hope the Bengals dare him to do it.

Retired

I'd force him to retire and call his bluff. He's pulling a Marvin here, talking a big game but nothing to back it up.

Carson is elite in his own mind, that is about it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I guess he has had enough of Marvin and Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Let him retire and forfeit the $16 million on his contract.

I don't like Bengals management, but Carson has not exactly proven to be part of the solution either. If he's willing to give up that much money out of pure stubbornness, I kind of hope the Bengals dare him to do it.
    Trade him. They can use the draft picks.

If some team offers a really good deal, then make the trade, but I wouldn't be shopping him around. I question his value to other teams, especially with this report going public, but if Mikey Boy gets an offer above and beyond what he thinks Carson is worth, then maybe do it, but it would have to be a very good deal. Carson is QB, not GM; he wanted TO and got it, and look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Trade him. They can use the draft picks.

Why does he want out?

I'd absolutely call his bluff. He thinks he can go giving ultimatums after the way he's played the past two seasons? Simply laughable.

I used to try and go easy on him performance wise since I generally thought he was a good guy. No reason to hold back now. He's right there with Ochocinco.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I bet harbaugh would take him in SF. I bet the titans would like to have him. I bet Washington would like to have him.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm not the biggest Carson fan (overall not that good and wayyyy overpriced), but he's finally seen the man behind the curtain and how he operates this mom and pop of a franchise and realizes it's not worth anymore of his time. Another career casualty Mikey can put up on his chalkboard.

Seattle, Pete Carol, hasselbeck getting to where he needs to retire. I bet that's where Carson wants to go.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    I'm not the biggest Carson fan (overall not that good and wayyyy overpriced), but he's finally seen the man behind the curtain and how he operates this mom and pop of a franchise and realizes it's not worth anymore of his time. Another career casualty Mikey can put up on his chalkboard.
    I would love if someone who killed my career still handed me 100 million dollars.

Carson is a mental midget who is one of the most overpaid players in the league. He should thank god he gets a fat check and shut up.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I would love if someone who killed my career still handed me 100 million dollars.

Carson is a mental midget who is one of the most overpaid players in the league. He should thank god he gets a fat check and shut up.
    Why? He's taken a beating for 7 years for this inept franchise. If he wants to retire because he's fed up, more power to him. Mike Brown is a leech. Sucks the life out of everything, from the coaches, to the players, all the way down to the fans. Screw him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'd absolutely call his bluff. He thinks he can go giving ultimatums after the way he's played the past two seasons? Simply laughable.

I used to try and go easy on him performance wise since I generally thought he was a good guy. No reason to hold back now. He's right there with Ochocinco.
    So you want an overpaid, under performing, disgruntled Palmer as yor QB.

Maybe he watched the press conference too.

Turn Off Ads?