Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Re: Carson Palmer's house going up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    According to WCPO Channel 9 in Cincinnati

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/footb...ng-up-for-sale

Time for a bigger home?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Time to make a play for Kevin Kolb, who now with this offense is a sound fit.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Carson, Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown are probably planning to share a house together, so Carson no longer needs his present house.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Carson, Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown are probably planning to share a house together, so Carson no longer needs his present house.
    Ha yeah...Mike Brown wouldn't make it through training camp in a house with Carson. Then we would lose our QB to murder...
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    Ha yeah...Mike Brown wouldn't make it through training camp in a house with Carson. Then we would lose our QB to murder...
    But we would get rid of Brown? Seems like a reasonable tradeoff.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

I can't see Kevin Kolb being realistic. Outside of Brian Leonard and Reggie Nelson (kind of minor deals) I can't even remember the last time the Bengals made a trade.

They are going to take someone at #4. I just hope they luck into someone more comparable to Carson than to Akili/Klingler.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I love the Bengals and hope for a good team every year. Obviously, most years it doesn't come to fruition, but I still usually have some sort of hope. Not this upcoming year, however. The team is going to stink something fierce regardless if Palmer is here or not. I'm actually rooting for him to retire, even though I think they'll be worse without him, because this is one of the very few things that will piss Mike Brown off. If Mike Brown is irritated about this, then it's deemed a positive in my book. Sadly, that's where my satisfaction comes now as a Bengals fan: Mike Brown's disappointments. I'm all for upsetting that piece of garbage of a man. I despise him.

You know it's kind of weird being a Bengals fan. I'm happy when they win, but I'm equally happy when Mike Brown is irritated or the Steelers lose. Unfortunately, none of those scenarios happens enough.

As far as drafting a QB, I'd pass on this year. I don't see any of them being good for the long haul. Might as well sign a cheap veteran, tank this upcoming year, and hope for Luck next year.
    Last edited by Redhook; 02-09-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Retired

He already has a home in San Diego, and his wife is from that area. It's possible they are going to move there full time and Carson will just rent a place during the season, if he returns.

I don't agree with fans doing it, but if he's PO'ed about garbage being on his lawn, he better not play for any NFL teams. Fans have done much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I don't agree with fans doing it, but if he's PO'ed about garbage being on his lawn, he better not play for any NFL teams. Fans have done much worse.
    Who wouldn't be PO'd if someone put garbage all over their yard? I know I'd be. That being said, this is not the reason he wants out of here. It's just a lame excuse to hide some of the real problems on why he wants out of here.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I can't see Kevin Kolb being realistic. Outside of Brian Leonard and Reggie Nelson (kind of minor deals) I can't even remember the last time the Bengals made a trade.

They are going to take someone at #4. I just hope they luck into someone more comparable to Carson than to Akili/Klingler.
    But we do know how much emphasis Mike Brown puts on having a QB and Kolb is as good a fit as any available, another possibility might be Kyle Orton. The QB situation in the draft isn't ideal though unlike some I still like Locker just not sure he is worthy of selecting #4 and doubt he is available in the 2nd round. I've heard differing reviews on his accuracy which would be my biggest concern with any QB in this system. Some say his accuracy stinks, some say yours would to if you had his O-Line but that he still played decent considering them. If his accuracy is good I would try to get my hands on him. Either way the Bengals will need to acquire a QB (or 2) if Palmer does indeed take his ball and go home.

--Woody Hayes

I like the kid out of TCU or the kid out of Alabama. While both were in seriously run happy offenses, both are very accurate and to me that's the most important skill Also important, neither would require a first or even second round pick most likely.

IMO, since I'd not feel comfortable with any of the quarterbacks in the first round, I'm doubly hesitant to give them the money and the requisite implied playing time. I'd rather have a substandard competition at quarterback this year, if one of them surprises great, if not, I feel a lot better about the quarterbacks coming out next year anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I don't see them picking a QB in rd 1.

how long does it take a private jet to get from cali to cincy? seems like a long commute to work.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't see them picking a QB in rd 1.
    If we lose Carson we almost have to take a QB at #4
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    But we do know how much emphasis Mike Brown puts on having a QB and Kolb is as good a fit as any available, another possibility might be Kyle Orton. The QB situation in the draft isn't ideal though unlike some I still like Locker just not sure he is worthy of selecting #4 and doubt he is available in the 2nd round. I've heard differing reviews on his accuracy which would be my biggest concern with any QB in this system. Some say his accuracy stinks, some say yours would to if you had his O-Line but that he still played decent considering them. If his accuracy is good I would try to get my hands on him. Either way the Bengals will need to acquire a QB (or 2) if Palmer does indeed take his ball and go home.
    That's all true but we also know Mike Brown's complete and utter disdain for trading/surrendering draft picks, particularly the high ones that the Eagles say will be required for them to part with Kolb. I know starting your demands high is part of the bargaining process, but even so, I think there's enough teams that need a QB and have an interest in Kolb that it will prevent a team from acquiring him for anything other than a fairly substantial package. I don't see Mike Brown ponying up the draft picks for that (or giving in to Carson's trade demand - out of his natural principle, if nothing else).

Turn Off Ads?