Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 326

Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

  1. #166
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,463

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    I actually think LeFevour is intriguing. Put him in an offensive situation where the QB is a game manager and draft Bowers or Fairley and have a monster D-line, tag Joseph, resign Ced, and I think that team maybe could compete.

    LeFevour was only the second QB in NCAA history to throw for 3000+ yards and rush for 1000+ in the same season (Vince Young was first). He's had time to sit and learn. Why not? I'd much rather see the Bengals focus on having a shutdown defense for once in their franchise history.

    I saw the Orton rumor also. I'd definitely do a third plus Carson for him if they were receptive. I think if the Bengals draft defense early they just need someone at QB who won't make a ton of mistakes.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I actually think LeFevour is intriguing. Put him in an offensive situation where the QB is a game manager and draft Bowers or Fairley and have a monster D-line, tag Joseph, resign Ced, and I think that team maybe could compete.

    LeFevour was only the second QB in NCAA history to throw for 3000+ yards and rush for 1000+ in the same season (Vince Young was first). He's had time to sit and learn. Why not? I'd much rather see the Bengals focus on having a shutdown defense for once in their franchise history.

    I saw the Orton rumor also. I'd definitely do a third plus Carson for him if they were receptive. I think if the Bengals draft defense early they just need someone at QB who won't make a ton of mistakes.
    For Kyle Orton? Really? I'd rather roll the dice with this years Triple O award winner Cam Newton with the 4th pick. At least with Newton you can have a couple years of "hope".

    BTW My triple O Award goes to the guy in a draft I think is going to be....
    Overhyped
    Overrated
    Overpaid

    Previous Award Recipiants: JaWalrus Russell (07), Vernon Gholston (08), Tyson Jackson (09 Smith and Bey barely lost out), 2010 I really didnt see anyone who screamed Triple O but if I had to say probably Tebow or maybe Anthony Davis but...
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  4. #168
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,463

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Yeah, I think if they take a d-lineman with the fourth overall pick that position group could be something special. I'd rather have Bowers or Fairley, Orton, and no third rounder than Cam Newton.

    I think the Bengals will probably take Newton though.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  5. #169
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,539

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I saw the Orton rumor also. I'd definitely do a third plus Carson for him if they were receptive. I think if the Bengals draft defense early they just need someone at QB who won't make a ton of mistakes.
    That's just nuts. First of all, I don't trade Carson for anything less than a first rd pick. If no one wants to give us that then he sits. No way is Kyle Orton worth a #1 and a 3. Secondly Denver is not a match for CP. If Denver trades Orton, then they're going with Tim Tebow.

  6. #170
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,539

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    If we lose Carson we almost have to take a QB at #4
    The way things are going, no rookie QB will be of much help to an NFL team in 2011. With a lockout there will be no minicamp, no contract and no coaching. Even under the best of scenarios, Cam Newton will need years to learn QB in the NFL. Plus there's no QB worthy of a #4 pick this year

  7. #171
    Legends Never Die
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Chester and Toledo, OH
    Posts
    204

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The way things are going, no rookie QB will be of much help to an NFL team in 2011. With a lockout there will be no minicamp, no contract and no coaching. Even under the best of scenarios, Cam Newton will need years to learn QB in the NFL. Plus there's no QB worthy of a #4 pick this year
    Cam Newton is worth the #4 pick after what he did in California this week. But you're right with a short season due to the possible lockout we have to look at Lefevour being a decent option.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

    If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

  8. #172
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That's all true but we also know Mike Brown's complete and utter disdain for trading/surrendering draft picks, particularly the high ones that the Eagles say will be required for them to part with Kolb. I know starting your demands high is part of the bargaining process, but even so, I think there's enough teams that need a QB and have an interest in Kolb that it will prevent a team from acquiring him for anything other than a fairly substantial package. I don't see Mike Brown ponying up the draft picks for that (or giving in to Carson's trade demand - out of his natural principle, if nothing else).
    I agree with you but it's about time Mike Brown starts putting the good of the team ahead of his principle. This is how you start to win back fans, move on from Palmer he doesn't want to play here and trading him gives us something to help further what we are working with now.

    I deal him to Seattle for their 1st (pitting them against their division mates Ari & S.F.) and Charlie Whitehurst. I'd kick in a 5th or 6th rounder. Short of Kolb or Orton I like this idea the best. I then draft Locker with Seattles pick if still available, if not I go Pouncey there (to play LG now and C later), sign another guy to compete with Whitehurst and see what happens this year before making an attempt at drafting a QB next year.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  9. #173
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    For Kyle Orton? Really? I'd rather roll the dice with this years Triple O award winner Cam Newton with the 4th pick. At least with Newton you can have a couple years of "hope".

    BTW My triple O Award goes to the guy in a draft I think is going to be....
    Overhyped
    Overrated
    Overpaid

    Previous Award Recipiants: JaWalrus Russell (07), Vernon Gholston (08), Tyson Jackson (09 Smith and Bey barely lost out), 2010 I really didnt see anyone who screamed Triple O but if I had to say probably Tebow or maybe Anthony Davis but...
    Orton did pretty doggone well in a west coast offense this year, certainly has to be better than a guy like LeFevour who is an average arm at best. And I would much rather have Gabbert than Newton but I would roll the dice and try to do something with Locker later. I read Scouts Inc. every year and every year they have some very good scouting reports on these guys and they don't have alot bad to say about Lockers game, just the crap supporting cast he had around him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  10. #174
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    I've wanted to divorce the Bengals for years now, but just can't do it. I didn't think it was possible and have accepted that for better or worse, I am a fan for life. If they draft Cam Newton, I think that will be what allows a full split it to happen. I can't imagine having any desire to root for a team he plays for, regardless of how long I've been a fan.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  11. #175
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Knowing Mike Brown, I can't help but imagine the Bengals with Jamarcus Russell at QB
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  12. #176
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Mike Brown will not trade Palmer, nothing I have heard out there makes me change my mind on that. Brown has way too much invested in signing bonus and salary to see him walk. Plus Brown still thinks he can win with this team. As Bengals fans we know one thing for sure, Mike Brown is stubborn to a fault.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  13. #177
    Member hebroncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,218

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's just nuts. First of all, I don't trade Carson for anything less than a first rd pick. If no one wants to give us that then he sits. No way is Kyle Orton worth a #1 and a 3. Secondly Denver is not a match for CP. If Denver trades Orton, then they're going with Tim Tebow.
    Then he's sitting. You are not getting anything close to a first round pick for Palmer. If they Bengals got Orton and a third, they'd be the one's making the steal. Take a look at his stats. He knows how to take care of the ball, and he's run the WC before. But it doesn't matter, Denver's not that dumb. I hope Palmer retires. He becomes my all time favorite player if he does. He'd become the first one to stand by his word when speaking out about how ignorant the Bengals franchise is.

  14. #178
    Member hebroncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,218

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    Cam Newton is worth the #4 pick after what he did in California this week. But you're right with a short season due to the possible lockout we have to look at Lefevour being a decent option.
    Cam Newton will set any franchise back light years like first round bust QB's do. See Akili Smith.

  15. #179
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,035

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Mike Brown gets his jollies by crushing 1st round draft picks over money, making players stay who don't want to stay, undercutting his coach on personnel decisions, and playing hardball with the city to get a new scoreboard when the city is close to bankrupcy.

    I just wish he'd put the same energy and passion into putting a winning team on the field as he does showing how hardnails he is as a businessman.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  16. #180
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,539

    Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

    Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Then he's sitting. You are not getting anything close to a first round pick for Palmer. If they Bengals got Orton and a third, they'd be the one's making the steal. Take a look at his stats. He knows how to take care of the ball, and he's run the WC before. But it doesn't matter, Denver's not that dumb. I hope Palmer retires. He becomes my all time favorite player if he does. He'd become the first one to stand by his word when speaking out about how ignorant the Bengals franchise is.
    Now you're changing the formula. The question being discussed is the Bengals giving up Carson and a third rd pick for Orton:

    I'd definitely do a third plus Carson for him if they were receptive.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25