Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

The only problem I have is he made it public. I don't blame him for wanting to get out, but by making it public, he's making himself look bad. Now if he's just trying to force some coaching changes...........that's a different story.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Palmer was a trooper because he was one of the top paid players in all of football.
    I think that's a pretty unfair characterization of the guy. Do you know him?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think that's a pretty unfair characterization of the guy. Do you know him?
    The same can be said about saying he is the hardest worker on the club. Unless you really know him its an unfair characterization. I don't have an issue with Carson I actually was a huge fan of his. I just have an issue with people treating him like a golden boy when he has been mediocre the last handful of seasons.

What I do find ironic is Reds fans have taken Cordero and Milton and Jr. and all the other high paid players and chastised them for not living up to their contracts. Yet those same Reds fans have treated Carson with kid gloves.

Comparing Carson Palmer to Eric Milton? Really?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Both failed to produce equal to the money spent.

Why not? Eric Milton was a popular whipping boy in this city during his contract. He was awful, he was a bum, you could say everything negative and people would accept that because he didn't live up to his contract. Carson Palmer isn't living up to his contract. But for some reason he is the golden boy, people can't say anything negative about him. If they do it isn't Carson's fault its Mike Brown's fault. If it isn't Mike Brown's fault its Brat's fault. There has to come a point when we say Carson isn't getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Palmer was a trooper because he was one of the top paid players in all of football.
    he still is one of the top paid players

Can Andrew Luck still declare for this year's draft? He may want to reconsider.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Bratkowski needs to go. Poor play construction. Poor play selection. Even poorer play execution. Brat has been given good talent. He just hasn't maximized that talent.

Having said that, I have wondered if Carson Palmer has been overrated since Day 1. We heard all the hype coming out of USC, of this proto-typical textbook quarterback. One would think, with receivers such as Ocho and Owens, that Palmer should have won the Super Bowl THIS year. I truly wonder if he would be as successful elsewhere as many are saying he would.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Bratkowski needs to go. Poor play construction. Poor play selection. Even poorer play execution. Brat has been given good talent. He just hasn't maximized that talent.

Having said that, I have wondered if Carson Palmer has been overrated since Day 1. We heard all the hype coming out of USC, of this proto-typical textbook quarterback. One would think, with receivers such as Ocho and Owens, that Palmer should have won the Super Bowl THIS year. I truly wonder if he would be as successful elsewhere as many are saying he would.
    I do know that going into this season the concensus was that Palmer had no more excuses. Management went out and got him weapons. It was up to him to use them. The offense stayed amazingly healthy yet they were still very unproductive. I think Brat is the biggest problem but I can't absolve Palmer either. He threw a lot of passes that had me yelling at the TV as he released the ball: "What are you doing???"

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm a Carson supporter, but I wouldn't mind restarting at this point.
    I agree. It's sad that it has to come to this point, but for the Bengals this is par for the course. Mike Brown isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Winning is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Marvin should resign. I think people around the league would have more respect for him if he did. As of now, he'll most likely coach a four or five win Cincy team that will leave him totally unattractive to any other team.

Typical Mikey move. Ignore the situation, and it'll go away. It's amazing how clueless and stubborn the old man is. What an embarrassment to the city.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Typical Mikey move. Ignore the situation, and it'll go away. It's amazing how clueless and stubborn the old man is. What an embarrassment to the city.
    My money is that SOP lets Palmer ride off into the sunset and gets nothing in return, just to prove his point. Typical Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?