Thread: Super Bowl XLV

Re: Super Bowl XLV

My bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Young team.

Great young QB.

They'll be in the playoffs for years to come.
    By that definition the Colts would still have been/are a dynasty. Which they're not. CE is right, you gotta win multiple Super Bowls to get the dynasty tag.

The Packers could be that, but we'll have to see. They almost didn't even make the playoffs this year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    My bad.
    I guess it doesn't really matter maybe he is a Colts fan but it seems like he posts way more in the Bengals thread.

Either way, I gave an answer to your question. Was I right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It's an opinion. Not sure if there is a right or wrong there.

That said, I agree with your answer.

First off 1 Colts fan.

Secondly Id take Peyton over Ben in heartbeat. I don't really think its difficult to decide who is the better qb between those two.
    Raider fan here and it's a no brainer for me. Give me Peyton Manning to be my QB, in a game you must win. What he does reading defenses and checking into the right protection/play is out of this world.

Ben is a really really good facilitator, who can improvise on the fly within the system but to compare Ben to Peyton is not fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Raider fan here and it's a no brainer for me. Give me Peyton Manning to be my QB, in a game you must win. What he does reading defenses and checking into the right protection/play is out of this world.

Ben is a really really good facilitator, who can improvise on the fly within the system but to compare Ben to Peyton is not fair.
    This x1000.

But think about how scary good Aaron Rodgers could be as his career progresses. He seems to have the accuracy of Brees, but the mobility of a Roethlisberger or McNabb. If he can keep away from concussions, he could be the next elite level QB in the Manning/Brady line.

I guess it doesn't really matter maybe he is a Colts fan but it seems like he posts way more in the Bengals thread.

I'll be honest here. I've been down the Peyton road with you all, and we know how I stand, so yes I would prefer Ben in a playoff game and I know I'm thought of as an idiot for that. I just truly felt the numbers Eric threw up there were not giving doing Ben justice. (Remember, personally, I like Peyton, I loathe Ben).

Poor phrasing on my part, but I asked who is the better postseason QB. I was intending to ask, who throughout his career, has (which I should have said) been the better QB in the playoffs.

I already knew the answer to who you would take.

And I mean no harm to Eric, but had the numbers been correct, I would not have made an appearance in here.

Poor phrasing on my part, but I asked who is the better postseason QB. I was intending to ask, who throughout his career, has (which I should have said) been the better QB in the playoffs.

I already knew the answer to who you would take.
    What do you want to base that on? Most of the Steeler teams that Ben has been on were Run first/Defensive teams.

Seems that Peyton has been asked to do way more than Ben has.

Also, these numbers brought up by ETR in the Colts thread mean more to me than the ones he posted in this thread.

Really the only significant happening I took from last night:

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-conten...OD-EATS-IT.gif

What do you want to base that on? Most of the Steeler teams that Ben has been on were Run first/Defensive teams.

Seems that Peyton has been asked to do way more than Ben has.

Also, these numbers brought up by ETR in the Colts thread mean more to me than the ones he posted in this thread.
    Its simply a difference of opinion.

If I counter you with W-L stats, individual stats,anything etc...you are going to come back with the fact that Peyton has been playing with the proverbial one arm tied behind his back due to being on the Colts. Without looking though, I'd wager the Colts have a high regular season W-L % than Pitt during each of these QB's respective reigns. I can't win.

Ben is 10-3 in the playoffs. Peyton is well...I don't know, but nowhere close to that. I'm not saying the QB is totally responsible for a teams W-L, but he's pretty darn important. And having watched about all of Ben's playoff games, there is no doubt in my mind he is a difference maker.

But it is all a matter of opinion as I said, and I hold nothing against your feeling that Peyton has been the better playoff QB.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

And I mean no harm to Eric, but had the numbers been correct, I would not have made an appearance in here.
    No, I should've recognized those TD/INT numbers had to be wrong.

But let me ask you this....if you switch their teams, do you still think Ben would be your pick?

I think Ben would be exposed on a team that does not feature a strong defense and running game. But Peyton would still be an elite QB on the Steelers (as horrible as that thought is).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    No, I should've recognized those TD/INT numbers had to be wrong.

But let me ask you this....if you switch their teams, do you still think Ben would be your pick?

I think Ben would be exposed on a team that does not feature a strong defense and running game. But Peyton would still be an elite QB on the Steelers (as horrible as that thought is).
    Very good question. I don't know. I think both QB's are in their ideal enviroments as it is. Moving Peyton to cold weather and playing the Ravens twice a year, and moving Ben to a dome would decrease the effectiveness of each.

I despise Big Ben, but to just look at his "stats" for playoff games is misleading. During the performance in the Jets game they put the numbers side by side with Sanchez. I believe Sanchez was over 100 QB rating, and Big Ben was under 50.
    35.5 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Let's hope this year's game puts to rest the ridiculous notion of Ben Roethlisberger as some sort of elite post-season QB
    His post-season performance has been pretty erratic and sub-par.

I gleaned a lot of this from here, and it's pretty spot in...

2011 Super Bowl: Ben Roethlisberger With Another Super Bowl Clunker

http://dallas.sbnation.com/2011/2/7/...r-bowl-clunker

Roethlisberger has a history of performing poorly in Super Bowls. The Steelers won Super Bowl XL vs the Seattle largely in spite of Roethlisberger who was anemic, completing nine of 21 passes for 123 yards, 2 INTs, and a 22.6 QB rating. Now Ben did improve vs the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, who were 9-7 in the regular season and got hot in the post-season, completing 21 of 30 passes for 256 yards, a TD, an INT, and a QB Rating of 93.2.

And in this year's SB, Ben was 25-40 for 263 yds, 2 TS, 2 INTs, and a QB Rating of 77.4.

In three Super Bowls, Roethlisberger has thrown three touchdowns and five interceptions. If the Steelers won, people would compare him to Brady, having three rings and all, but know this: in four Super Bowls, Brady has completed 100 of 155 passes for 1,001 yards and seven touchdowns against just one interception.

Roethlisberger is not a big-game quarterback, his defense and running games have bailed him out in the playoffs time and time again - which is a testament to how good the Steelers running game and defense has been in a league that is now dominated by passing.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?