Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLV

Re: Super Bowl XLV

Roethlisberger one of the top 5 QBs of all time? Nuts.
    I realize it is tough to compare eras, but Sammie Baugh, Ottie Graham, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees and probably a half dozen or more QBs I have forgotten all say "hi."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'm with you on this, RB. I think the game will be close, but the Steelers have the proverbial ability to impose their will on you.

As much as I don't like the Steelers, I admire them having a team philosophy and sticking with it. If the Steelers defense (and Polomalu) are healthy, I see them blitzing Rodgers silly and making him make quick reads and accurate throws under pressure. Now Rodgers also has a gun and the fastest release in the game, so this ought to be an interesting matchup. And the Steelers will run the ball and Roethlisberger will play his game where he moves around, sheds tacklers like Lilliputians off Gulliver, and makes some key throws. I see the game 27-14 Steelers with the Steelers scoring late to cement a win.
    I wish I was your bookie.

1. In 19 games this year ( 11 of which were on the road) the Packers have never lost by more than 4 points. There is no reason to think that all of a sudden they will lose by 13.

2. Rodgers/ Jennings/Driver et al indoors with perfect conditions being held to 14 points? No way!

3. That being said, I think its pick em. The Steelers have done it before and McCarthy's record in close games is putrid. But if the Steelers win, it will be close. (A field goal). I think the starting point for analysis has to be last years 37-36 Steeler win in Pittsburgh where both quarterbacks were unstoppable. Green Bays defense is far superior to what it was then but they are missing Finlay so the offense is not as good . I don't think either team will do much on the ground and the key will be what the Packers can do with Roethlisberger.

Gun to my head: I think Rodgers has a big game as he usually does indoors. I don't think Capers will be embarrassed by Ben R two years in a row. Green Bay 31 Steelers 24. And despite two defensive coordinators who have invented modern NFL defense, take the over.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 02-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.

The Steelers have officially ruled Pouncey out for this Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6090999

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I like the Packers. I can thank Bret Favre for that.

Sadly, my pick is the Steelers.

They've been there, they've done it, and it seems like when they get there, they win it.

I would rather vomit than see that horrible human being in Ben, win a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    The Steelers have officially ruled Pouncey out for this Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6090999
    So much for his 75% chance of playing pronouncement earlier in the week

My nephew has enlisted in the Navy. He's going to be sworn in on the field at the Super Bowl. And he gets to sit on the sidelines for the entire game. Pretty cool. He leaves for boot camp next week.

Super Computer Predicts SB 45 Outcome

YouTube - Tosh.0 - Super Bowl: 45 - Prediction
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

My nephew has enlisted in the Navy. He's going to be sworn in on the field at the Super Bowl. And he gets to sit on the sidelines for the entire game. Pretty cool. He leaves for boot camp next week.
    He has my thanks. And congratulations! The greatest honor one can have is to serve his country.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Ye be warned, NSFW strong language. Although it was pretty funny.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 02-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Ye be warned, NSFW strong language. Although it was pretty funny.

True that. Also, plenty of head-nodding haterade moments in there for this Bengals fan.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

GB 33 PIT 24

Packers win 31-25
    3 Steeler turnovers (2 Roethlisberger INTs and 1 Mendenhall fumble) led to 21 of the Packer 31 points

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The better team, The Packers, survived despite losing their best defensive backs late in the first half allowing the Steelers to start passing again, because they were getting shut down until those two went out.

Congrats to the new dynasty in football and Aaron Rodgers.

Steelers are done. Put a fork in them. Their dynasty is over.

Turn Off Ads?