Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLV

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl XLV

The 2010 Champions of the National Football League are the Green Bay Packers

Football season's over! That means baseball is close!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    The 2010 Champions of the National Football League are the Green Bay Packers

Football season's over! That means baseball is close!!

The Steelers lost, Rodgers has as many SB wins as the drama queen, and P's & C's just over a week away. I'll take it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    The Steelers lost, Rodgers has as many SB wins as the drama queen, and P's & C's just over a week away. I'll take it.
    So far as I know, Super Bowl wins:

Rodgers: 1
    Drama Queen: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The better team, The Packers, survived despite losing their best defensive backs late in the first half allowing the Steelers to start passing again, because they were getting shut down until those two went out.

Congrats to the new dynasty in football and Aaron Rodgers.

Steelers are done. Put a fork in them. Their dynasty is over.
    Guess you're pretty loose in handing out on that dynasty label.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So far as I know, Super Bowl wins:

Rodgers: 1
    Drama Queen: 2
    Sorry, I was referring to the previous Packers QB.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Packers = class

Steelers = trash

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Gun to my head: I think Rodgers has a big game as he usually does indoors. I don't think Capers will be embarrassed by Ben R two years in a row. Green Bay 31 Steelers 24. And despite two defensive coordinators who have invented modern NFL defense, take the over.
    I'll try to do better the next time. I didn't factor in that Nolan would go for the two point conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'll try to do better the next time. I didn't factor in that Nolan would go for the two point conversion.
    I hope you made some money off of that prediction. Well played.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I would be shocked if the spread is any bigger both teams have outstanding defenses. It should be a very well played game where it might come down to a big play by one of the defenses is deciding factor.
    I know, I know I said 1 play but 3 big plays from the GB defense won this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Packers = class

Steelers = trash
    This Super Bowl certainly has brought out the best in Bengals fans.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the class of the NFL. Literally, the best organization the NFL has to offer. Off the charts in classiness. Well run from top to bottom with a world-class owner.

Oh, wait, they employ a dude to play quarterback with no criminal record who was crucified in the court of public opinion. Right. Morally reprehensible, that is.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Being a lifelong Browns fan I am really happy for Clay Matthew III (Thor), who is the spitting image of his Dad who, in 19 yrs, never got to experience a SB.

Good article.... Matthews Family Is Football Royalty

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6068060

Can't wait to get to work this morning and hear what one of the most obnoxious, big-mouthed, Steeler fans I have ever met has to say. LOL
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Being a lifelong Browns fan I am really happy for Clay Matthew III (Thor), who is the spitting image of his Dad who, in 19 yrs, never got to experience a SB.

Good article.... Matthews Family Is Football Royalty
    Clay is a gift from heaven to all Packer fans. What's amazing is that he was a walk-on in college who never started until partway into his senior season. Whats more amazing is that despite his weak college resume, Ted Thompson had the wherewithall to trade up and grab him in the first round of the draft. Kudos to Kevin Greene who spotted Matthews' talent from the getgo and who has been his coach with the Packers.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    This Super Bowl certainly has brought out the best in Bengals fans.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the class of the NFL. Literally, the best organization the NFL has to offer. Off the charts in classiness. Well run from top to bottom with a world-class owner.

Oh, wait, they employ a dude to play quarterback with no criminal record who was crucified in the court of public opinion. Right. Morally reprehensible, that is.
    I think many would point to on-field issues when making charges against the Steelers, such as going for knees, trash talking, head hunting, all of which is excessive and would not be considered "classy." All of that has nothing to do with the QB.

I would agree with you that they do have a good football program that produces consistent winning football.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I dislike most franchises, although I'm thankful it was a close game and that the Steelers didn't win. Pack were the best team throughout the playoffs, no doubt.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Guess you're pretty loose in handing out on that dynasty label.
    Young team.

Great young QB.

They'll be in the playoffs for years to come.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?