Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Police Women of Cincinnati

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Real Police Women of Cincinnati

Did any Redzoners watch? Or better yet, will any of you be making appearances on the show?

http://www.examiner.com/cable-tv-in-...-return-to-tlc
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Real Police Women of Cincinnati

I saw some of it earlier in the week..... heard it was mostly staged though from a friend who knows one of the camera guys.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Did any Redzoners watch? Or better yet, will any of you be making appearances on the show?

http://www.examiner.com/cable-tv-in-...-return-to-tlc
    I've met all four of the women on the show -- they're all very nice people and very good officers.

It's an entertaining show, as far as reality television goes. It's shot much better than most reality shows, which leads me to believe they do a lot of re-shoots in areas after stuff goes down to get clearer looks at pursuits etc.

Amusingly (more from a legal point of view), the show is apparently causing headaches for the Cincinnati Police, the Cincinnati Solicitor's Office and TLC because the people being arrested (the ones that you see on the show and the ones who get left on the cutting room floor) are telling their attorneys that everything about their arrest / search was filmed for the show. The attorneys, in turn, issue subpoenas to the City for the footage and claim the City has a duty to get the video from TLC and provide it to them. TLC then gets squirrelly because they A.) Don't want footage from the show leaving their building before it airs and B.) Don't want to pay someone to sit, watch and copy specific arrests for attorneys on low-level misdemeanor cases.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I love seeing areas of Cincy I haven't seen in awile. I wonder if Mandy will accept me as a FaceBook friend LOL.

Don't the people that get arrested have to sign a waiver or something? I thought networks helped pay fines (misd.) for shows like this if the people in trouble signed off to show their faces, etc.

I can see parts of OTR at night without having to drive through there.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I saw some of it earlier in the week..... heard it was mostly staged though from a friend who knows one of the camera guys.
    Really? Straight up fake? Any examples? Ya hear this about reality TV all the time and some of it I can buy (like buying kids on the Real World/Jersey Shore etc., etc. booze so they act up) but outright staging something seems a bit far fetched to me.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Really? Straight up fake? Any examples? Ya hear this about reality TV all the time and some of it I can buy (like buying kids on the Real World/Jersey Shore etc., etc. booze so they act up) but outright staging something seems a bit far fetched to me.
    I think that they do re-shoots on some stuff -- like the running and action moments. There are a few times I've seen where a steady-cam is already in place to get a shot of one of the officers running during a chase, etc.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I think that they do re-shoots on some stuff -- like the running and action moments. There are a few times I've seen where a steady-cam is already in place to get a shot of one of the officers running during a chase, etc.
    That stuff happens a lot in these shows. But none of the arrests/incidents are staged it is just the real people of our Queen City.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Legends Never Die

Just a reminder that another new episode of Real Police Women of Cincinnati is on tonight on TLC.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Eager to see what Constitutional violations get committed tonight -- last week it was a traffic stop by a non-marked police vehicle, the week before it was a forced entry to a residence without a warrant.

Eager to see what Constitutional violations get committed tonight -- last week it was a traffic stop by a non-marked police vehicle, the week before it was a forced entry to a residence without a warrant.
    Is the traffic stop a constitutional violation, or merely a violation of the Ohio Revised Code? I thought it was an ORC provision that required all officers performing traffic duties to be in a clearly marked police cruiser with the lightbar on top and must be wearing their uniform. I haven't looked at it in a while though.

On a related note, I noticed one city around here trying to get around it by having a plain white vehicle with a very low profile lightbar and the word "police" written small on the driver's side door under the side mirror. It drives me nuts because, my understanding is that law is designed to protect both the officer and the public by making law enforcement officers and their vehicles clearly recognizable. Trying to hide it just to catch speeders seems more like a way to generate revenue rather than ensure the orderly flow of traffic.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You know, I wondered about that. The one guy was telling the home owner "you don't have to, you don't have to, don't do it" and I was sitting there thinking "he's right". The cops seemed to think that if they yelled loud enough and threatened handcuffs and jail, they'd open the door to the house.

The one episode I watched, I wasn't overly impressed with Cincinnati's Finest.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    You know, I wondered about that. The one guy was telling the home owner "you don't have to, you don't have to, don't do it" and I was sitting there thinking "he's right". The cops seemed to think that if they yelled loud enough and threatened handcuffs and jail, they'd open the door to the house.

The one episode I watched, I wasn't overly impressed with Cincinnati's Finest.
    The other part of that brought the lulz was when the officer stuck her foot in the door and said "If you shut the door and hurt me, you're getting a felony!" Of course, she's referring to Assault on a Peace Officer (felony 4 -- knowingly cause physical harm to a peace officer), but the idea that such a charge would get through a grand jury and a trial is laughable.

And yeah, Yacht -- that'd be an ORC violation for the traffic stop vs. the unlawful entry which would be a Constitutional violation. Lazy writing on my part.

For a Level Playing Field

While I believe in people having rights and the law following proper procedues to a "T"....

I do not worry about these things personally. Why? Because I do not break the law. Therefore, I do not have any concern about unmarked police cars or police intruding in my house. Did I mention this is b/c I do not break the law? I guess there is a chance that the police might mistake my house for someone else's and intrude... but there is also a chance I might hit the PowerBall (about the same odds).

Do not break the law and you do not have to worry. Break the law and you might have the police banging on your door. Sympathy for these types? Not from me.

Well, I don't generally speed either and there's not much concern on my part for unmarked police cars. However, entering my home without due process is another matter, entirely.
    Do not break the law and you do not have to worry. Break the law and you might have the police banging on your door. Sympathy for these types? Not from me.
    J. Edgar Hoover says hello.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Well, I don't generally speed either and there's not much concern on my part for unmarked police cars. However, entering my home without due process is another matter, entirely.
    J. Edgar Hoover says hello.
    I understand your point, Sundeck. However, I ask all RZ members... have you ever had the police enter your home by mistake? Does it happen with some much frequency that our country has become like late 30's/early 40's Germany? Someone might claim it here, but I'd be willing to bet there is more to their story than they tell (Shawshank Redemption... we are innocent here) or the story is false. I'd guess that the law officers enter the intended home over 99.8% of the time.

On the bright side... if it does happen you can hire an attorney and settle out of court for about 20X as much as you probably deserve. It is just taxpayer money.

Turn Off Ads?