Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

2010 UK Football

Almost 35 minutes to kickoff vs Little Brother U. I can't wait for football season to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your University of Kentucky Football 2010 Thread

Looks like im watching the game on ESPN3.

Suddenlink had Kentucky-Louisville slated for 3:30 on ABC but now they are showing WVU-Coastal Carolina instead. :thumbdown
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Woo!!!

Maybe we survived the WV jinx after all.

Missed the PAT

Great day! UK beats UofLOL and the Reds knock off the Cards to get the lead back to 8 games. Woo!

takealeake

Disappointed in my Cards for losing, but no doubt in my mind if this game were later in the year the Cards would win. It's going to take more than one more year to undo the damage Kragthorpe has done. Rather be a has been than a never was though like UK.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Disappointed in my Cards for losing, but no doubt in my mind if this game were later in the year the Cards would win. It's going to take more than one more year to undo the damage Kragthorpe has done. Rather be a has been than a never was though like UK.
    Your tears are so yummy

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by The Snow Chief View Post
    Your tears are so yummy
    Yawn. I'm just excited Kragthorpe is gone, this game is meaningless, because we both know what's going to happen in the future. Enjoy your 26th straight year without a top 25 finish.

To temper the stupid "hate" posts by both fan bases, Kentucky has a good team and the talent disparity was evident every time Cobb or Locke touched the ball. They seemed to take their foot off the gas midway through the first half or they would have beat a punchless UofL by 30 points. Louisville will hopefully be a decent team as the year winds on but they have some glaring weaknesses. Tackling is still an issue and the spread option is pretty ineffective when your QB never runs the ball.

On the other side of the ball, Tydlacka is going to lose some games for the Cats this year.

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    To temper the stupid "hate" posts by both fan bases, Kentucky has a good team and the talent disparity was evident every time Cobb or Locke touched the ball. They seemed to take their foot off the gas midway through the first half or they would have beat a punchless UofL by 30 points. Louisville will hopefully be a decent team as the year winds on but they have some glaring weaknesses. Tackling is still an issue and the spread option is pretty ineffective when your QB never runs the ball.

On the other side of the ball, Tydlacka is going to lose some games for the Cats this year.
    Not hardly. More like Strong made adjustments to tighten the D and outscored UK 16-10 after the first quarter. I'm excited for the future, Strong is a great coach, and next year's recruiting class is already higher than any we've ever had at this point. I've seen more improvement from half to half in this game than a saw in 3 years of our last crappy coach.

I agree Josh, kicking is going to be an issue for the Cats this season. There is clearly some talent there, but I don't know that they are ready to be much of a threat anytime soon.

TAL, is it really necessary to disparage the opponent, in fact give them zero credit for the win today? It's just most unfortunate that a civil discussion about the game can't take place without being littered with excuses and dismissal of UK's performance.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I agree Josh, kicking is going to be an issue for the Cats this season. There is clearly some talent there, but I don't know that they are ready to be much of a threat anytime soon.

TAL, is it really necessary to disparage the opponent, in fact give them zero credit for the win today? It's just most unfortunate that a civil discussion about the game can't take place without being littered with excuses and dismissal of UK's performance.
    Ask the person starting the thread calling us "little brother U" and "U of LOL." Is that civil? This is a Reds board so I'm not going to start anything over another sport, but it's amazing how much arrogance some of your fellow fans have for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Ask the person starting the thread calling us "little brother U" and "U of LOL." Is that civil? This is a Reds board so I'm not going to start anything over another sport, but it's amazing how much arrogance some of your fellow fans have for no reason whatsoever.
    There has been some friendly banter and ribbing between fans of various college sports teams for a long time around here, so those who have read and posted in this forum for awhile probably understood the tongue-in-cheek nature of WV's use of the term "Little Brother". Maybe it wouldn't hurt to hang out awhile and get the lay of the land before coming in with guns a-blazin'?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Great way for Coach Phillips to start off his tenure as the head coach.

What's even more impressive is the class Joker and his staff are putting together for next year.

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    There has been some friendly banter and ribbing between fans of various college sports teams for a long time around here, so those who have been around a while probably understood the tongue-in-cheek nature of WV's use of the term "Little Brother". Maybe it wouldn't hurt to hang out a while and get the lay of the land before coming in with guns a-blazin'?
    Nah trust me, I know the term "little brother." Basically a demeaning term for U of L, for whatever reason repeated from a phrase by a coach who was a huge drunk, cheater, and wrecked UK's basketball program. Ironic that UK fans would reuse a phrase from an individual like that.

Turn Off Ads?