Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who Should I Select as my new team if I decide to go?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carolina Panthers

1 4.35%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 8.70%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

2 8.70%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

4 17.39%
  • Don't jump man, you'll hate yourself someday for it!

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agent Football Fan

Re: Free Agent Football Fan

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Drafting Peyton was not a slam dunk the year he came out, there was quite a bit of debate (at least externally and in the media) between Peyton and Leaf.
    It still doesn't change my opinion about the organization. They were fortunate to get the #1 pick and it be the year Payton came out. Don't get me wrong they picked the right guy. If it had been a different year or Payton would have come out one year earlier it could have been the New York Jets who landed Manning (it looks as if in 1997 the Rams traded up with the Jets to select Orlando Pace).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It still doesn't change my opinion about the organization. They were fortunate to get the #1 pick and it be the year Payton came out. Don't get me wrong they picked the right guy. If it had been a different year or Payton would have come out one year earlier it could have been the New York Jets who landed Manning (it looks as if in 1997 the Rams traded up with the Jets to select Orlando Pace).
    If it were the Bengals drafting #1 that year they would have drafted Leaf.

You are right about the Colts getting Peyton, it made the organization but I think that with the management they currently have they will sustain some level of success once Peyton retires.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

You are right about the Colts getting Peyton, it made the organization but I think that with the management they currently have they will sustain some level of success once Peyton retires.
    Pure speculation. I don't think anyone drafts Leaf over Manning. IMO that was made up in the media to create buzz. A team like the Raiders or the Seahawks may have taken Leaf over Manning but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    How do you ignore what Polian has done his entire Career? He's built winners everywhere he's gone. The Colts probably aren't the best run organization in football but they are run very well.

You can be like me and just be a laissez-faire NFL fan.

When the Browns moved to Baltimore, me and the Browns got a divorce. I never came back to the NFL with the same passion. I still like it, but I can also leave it.

It's amazing how much time you get back. People actually do other things on Sunday afternoons.

Pay attention to the open sky

No, they would have drafted Peyton, but instead of playing every snap of every game they wanted to win, he'd have torn up his knee in a pre-season game, and Ryan Leaf would have become the next Joe Montana.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Whichever team you choose, I hope they hire Bratkowski as their new OC and you're treated to another decade of futility.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Whichever team you choose, I hope they hire Bratkowski as their new OC and you're treated to another decade of futility.
    Then I'll be sure to steer clear of the Titans.

But seriously I can't go anywhere, as much as I might want to not care, I still do. A team that runs off all their best players doesn't deserve my loyalty. But fortunately (for who I don't know) my loyalty is to those players trying to make the best of it in a Bengals uniform.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?