Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bavasi says Billy Hamilton will play SS in 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bavasi says Billy Hamilton will play SS in 2011

From a Q&A with the Dayton Daily News:

I’ll give you another one to watch for here is Billy Hamilton. He’s got leadoff mentality, great makeup, flies, good defensive player, second or short but you’ll see him at shortstop.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...1-1065302.html

Re: Bavasi says Billy Hamilton will play SS in 2011

As often as people here ask the question about where Hamilton will play, it might be a good idea to sticky this thread.[/half-kidding]

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    As often as people here ask the question about where Hamilton will play, it might be a good idea to sticky this thread.[/half-kidding]
    That's actually why I created a thread for this instead of putting it in another Hamilton related thread. I figured more people would see it this way.

-The Insider-

Wait, so he's going to play SS?

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Wait, so he's going to play SS?

Just kidding.
    Yeah, but only if 1B doesn't work out.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Yeah, but only if 1B doesn't work out.
    Well the Reds are thin at 1B, so that makes sense.

From John Fay:

Bill Doran, the assistant field coordinator, was on my flight out. I asked him about Billy Hamilton, the Reds’ No. 2 prospect. Doran thinks Hamilton can play shortstop.

“He made a lot of improvement from Billings to the Instructional League,” Doran said.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...et-camp-begin/

John Fay just tweeted this:

1-2-3 inning for Willis. 6-3 on the last play with BHamilton at SS. Kid's got a gun. #Reds 3, M's 1.

http://twitter.com/johnfayman

I just thought it was interesting because the only reason why the lone few think he can't stick at SS is because of his arm.

interesting, would be great to see him turn into a top notch SS to go w/ the speed and switch hitting ability.

Scouting report on Billy Hamilton (@B_Ham_3). He runs fast, he throws hard. Another fine play by the fine young athlete.

http://twitter.com/Jamieblog

Apparently he made a diving catch last inning.

-The Insider-

I saw Billy from about 50 feet the other day and he's tiny. He looks like a high school kid. Really athletic. I hope I get to meet him and Yaz on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I saw Billy from about 50 feet the other day and he's tiny. He looks like a high school kid. Really athletic. I hope I get to meet him and Yaz on Thursday

I was watching 30 in 30 last night (Reds) and my boys and I both noticed a "kid" that looked to be in high school standing at first base with some other guys. My 11 year old said what I was thinking..."who is that kid? He looks like someone in high school." I must assume after reading what you said that it was Hamilton.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

-The Insider-

Yea, that was probably him. He was out there the first day they were filming.

Barry Larkin with some high praise for Billy Hamilton.

Barry Larkin is in camp working with mostly minor leagues. He fairly raved about shortstop Billy Hamilton.

“He’s incredibly athletic,” Larkin said. “Great, great athletic ability. He’s smart kid, good personality. He has a great baseball body. Loose arm. He’s young so he’s going to get stronger. Serious ability.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...letic-ability/

This was posted by OBM in the ORG ("initially," that is), from a blog by stringer Gary Schatz, and if it's described accurately, it's an utterly remarkable thing.

"The most impressive play of the day (came from) the young shortstop, Billy Hamilton, who can flat run.

Juan Duran was in leftfield when one of the Diamondback farmhands hit a fly ball to medium deep left field that was drifting toward the foul line. Duran could not find it in the Arizona high sky with no clouds. Hamilton ran it down from his shortstop position and caught it, diving head first with his back to the infield.

As much baseball I've seen in my lifetime that was as impressive as anything."

http://fullofschatz.blogspot.com/201...y-off-but.html

Turn Off Ads?