Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would anyone be interested in a Redszone music project?

Would anyone be interested in a Redszone music project?

I've been thinking about this for a while.

I'm a drummer and I know there are several other musicians around here and probably many more that I don't even know about. On a few different forums I used to frequent, a few times some of the members would record some tracks via their computer and then send them to the next person and so on, and ultimately someone would mix and master the tracks viola, you've got a recording of a song.

I've never taken part in one but I always thought it would be fun. I have some pretty decent consumer grade recording equipment (mixers, compressors, dynamic and condenser mics) and I use Cool Edit Pro to do all my mixing and mastering.

Would anyone be interested in collaborating with fellow Redszoners to make some music? It's not really that hard to record tracks anymore, there's lots of software out there (and a lot of it is available free) and for guitars and vocals, you can usually get by with a decently priced mic from a local store.

I think it would be cool to get as many people as possible involved, so that we can have a chance to listen to everyone's talents and hear their musical influences at work.

I'd be up for recording just about anything, so long as I can physically play it. Most of your everyday songs I can handle without a problem but if you're looking to cover "Future Breed Machine" by Meshuggah, well that might take me a while. Like, a long while.

I'd be interested in covering songs by any of the following: Queens of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Metallica, Godsmack, Rage, Kyuss, Jefferson Airplane, etc.

I'm really up for anything but those are some of the bands I listen to the most.

Anyone interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Would anyone be interested in a Redszone music project?

I play a mean cowbell.

Re: Would anyone be interested in a Redszone music project?

Subscribed. I'm currently playing bass in a country band. I can't record from home, but we have a studio. I may be able to help with mastering and such if we use Pro Tools. I would need help from our guitar player, since he owns the place. I could submit demo of us, also. Charley Creek Music on MySpace.

Turn Off Ads?