RHP Chad Reineke,
    LHP Dontrelle Willis,
    C Chris Denove,
    C Devin Mesoraco,
    C Corky Miller,
    OF Danny Dorn,
    OF Jeremy Hermida,
    OF Dave Sappelt.

I'll have #s as soon as I find them. Reds.com hasn't updated things yet, only Fay has anything so far.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 01-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds announce Spring Training roster

I'd love to see Dorn and Frazier break through in ST.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Curious about whether Gil will get any buzz. Supposedly has a very live arm.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Barton is the only name I am surprised is not on that list. I thought the Reds would give him a chance to join the left field competition.

Per Fay.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

LHP Donnie Joseph is a guy I could see having a great spring and making it tough on the Reds to send him out...but with so many lefties already in camp, it's unlikely he would make the Opening Day roster. He's got a filthy slider to go along with a fastball and dominated the minors last season with a 2.08 ERA and 25 BB/103 K (14.3 K/9) in 65 innings between A, A+, and AA. I suspect we'll see him in Cincinnati at some point this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Curious about whether Gil will get any buzz. Supposedly has a very live arm.
    Was surprised to see him as well. Live arm, yes. But he also seems to have no control. I wonder if it was more about getting a chance for the major league staff (Price) to spend some time with him.

Also good to see Negron get the call. I assume this is his first?
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 01-28-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Ahhhh, the first hint of that spring air and the crack of a bat.

A nice thought on this cold and gray January day.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Also good to see Negron get the call. I assume this is his first?
    He's on the 40-man, so he was automatic. Yes, it's his 1st major league ST.

I thought Gil was a Minor League FA this off-season. If so getting an invite is part of the deal to intice him back. Dorn is the one that suprises me. Wasn't a FA, so he "earned" his invite.

-The Insider-

Gil has a nice changeup. He's getting better as a pitcher. He's less than two years from being a hitter, remember.

Does anyone else think it's funny that Renteria is listed a SS and Janish an INF?

Does anyone else think it's funny that Renteria is listed a SS and Janish an INF?
    RR is the only infielder or outfielder who has a more specific position listed that "infield" or "outfield". Kinda irritating. Really no reason for it??

To be fair, he has played only one inning of his baseball career away from shortstop. He's the only one in the infield group has spent that percentage of time at one position. Yonder Alonso hasn't played elsewhere in the infield, but he has played left field.

To be fair, he has played only one inning of his baseball career away from shortstop. He's the only one in the infield group has spent that percentage of time at one position. Yonder Alonso hasn't played elsewhere in the infield, but he has played left field.
    Seriously? Scott Rolen has never even played a single inning away from third, yet he's listed as IF. And really, it's not safe to say that BP is a 2B, or JV is a 1B, when neither of them have played anywhere else since '07? Or that Bruce is RF, when he hasn't played anywhere else since '08? Never mind that all these guys are commonly known to be who the Reds are going with at their respective positions.

Turn Off Ads?