Thread: 100 songs that need to go away

Re: 100 songs that need to go away

Smells like teen spirit-Nirvana

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Smells like teen spirit-Nirvana
    agreed.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I told my brother last week that I think the only reason people like Pink Floyd, is because someone told them they had to.
    when i was in high school i used to pretend to like pink floyd, to fit in, but all i could think about them was "this is a bunch of crap"

From the list:

Stevie Wonder - "I Just Called to Say I Love You"

Barry's Customer: Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love You?" It's for my daughter's birthday.
    Barry: Yea we have it.
    Barry's Customer: Well, can I have it?
    Barry: No, actually, you can't.
    Barry's Customer: Why not?
    Barry: God. Do you even know your daughter? There's no way she likes that song. Oops, is she in a coma?
    - From "High Fidelity"
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Loosing My Religion - REM. When that came out, I'd hear three times a day without trying.
    REM used to be one of my favorite bands. Then the string of "Losing My Religion," "Shiny Happy People," and "Everybody Hurts" completely destroyed my interest in them. I loved everything through "Green" and hate everything from "Out of Time" on. I can't think of any other band (other than ones that had a major lineup change like Van Halen) where I've gone from loving them to hating them after in the span of one album.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Any song on which Stevie Nicks sings lead vocals.

Wow, Lisztomania by Phoenix is really popular enough to be considered that overplayed?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Wow, Lisztomania by Phoenix is really popular enough to be considered that overplayed?
    I like that song. I also think it is entirely too new to be on this list.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Turn to any classic rock station for an hour and I swear, you will hear that or "You Shook Me All Night Long."
    I once was driving up to the engineerng building at UD to meet some friends and study. As I pulled into the market lot "hey now, you're an allstar" or whatever the title of that song was, was on the radio. I didn't car for it much then, so I turned the station, only to find it on the next, then subsequently 2 other stations. On 12 presets, in the Dayton/Cincy market, it was playing on 4 of them at the same moment. I know its not on nearly as often now adays, but if I never, ever hear that song again, well that would be OK by me.

So happy that Lee Greenwood is on the list. That song is #1 to go in my book. Just awful, and people treat it like the national anthem.

"You 'aint seen Nothing Yet" Stereotypical AOR song from the 70's. What do people hear in that song?
    “Bohemian Rhapsody” 1000 times yes....enough already.
    “Bad to the Bone” Another song like Respect that is played over and over in movies.... just in case a new generation of 12 years old have not heard it.
    Is Smashmouth the equivalent of The Kingston Trio? Every frat guy has to know recite their lyrics and dress in the same uniform?

The problem is you have old hippies in some stations (KLOS) and a machine in others (JACK FM) out here in LA....who play the standard songs and the DJ's try to be hip by throwing out some modern stuff but like it was a Top 40 set. None of their obscure good stuff..... No "One Tree Hill" from the U2...just the usual "In the Name of Love"....and for the last time BIlly Joel is not rock and roll... "Piano Man" is not rock. Just beacuse you like Billy Joel does not mean he should be played on a classic rock station.

That machine from JACK will sit there and throw you some Allman Bothers followed by the Clash. Yeah that fits!

I hardly ever tune into the radio. Download Itunes and what is left of my CD collection (More than half was stolen when my car was broken into and like a dummy i left about 100 CD's in there...going back to 1988 I had these)

I just saw that Itunes in the IK has Black Sabbath Remastered albums. tried to buy them but I was told my account only works in the US. Can you create a new account in order to download music from the UK at 0.99 pounds?...which is about $1.50 US. Not that I really like Remastered things.... as they have ruined the first Generation X album that was one of the ones stolen and I tried to download from Itunes. First we get directors bastardizing their own movies and now this.
    Last edited by Tony Cloninger; 01-30-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Anything by Aerosmith, terrible band.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Any song on which Stevie Nicks sings lead vocals.
    She shares a lead with Tom Petty on "Insider." That song is an exception to this rule, because it's fantastic, and Nicks' nanny goat bleat is muted behind Tom Petty's vocals.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I was watching the Celtics-Lakers game yesterday and they went to break playing the Allman Bros. Band's "Jessica". My first thought was "what?".

I could not conceive of a less-appropriate song to play for an NBA game. I wondered who the genius was that picked that song?

I liked the song the first thousand or so times that I heard it. But that number was reached in about 1985.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    She shares a lead with Tom Petty on "Insider." That song is an exception to this rule, because it's fantastic, and Nicks' nanny goat bleat is muted behind Tom Petty's vocals.
    YouTube - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Insider ft. Stevie Nicks

Turn Off Ads?