Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers-Yankees cat fight

Re: Rangers-Yankees cat fight

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    It's not easy to compete with the Jets for headlines.
    All Levine needs to do is get a "foot fetish" and he can get plenty of headlines.....
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    What's with Berkman trashing the Rangers, is that from his 5 minutes as a Yankee or is that just him?
    Man, you got me all fired up thinking he said something juicy. Seemed kinda mild to me. I'm sure some in Rangerland got bent out of shape but I think he was somewhat on key.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uis-over-texas

I'm surprised Berkman said what he said but I agree--it was mild and I really didn't disagree with what he said. Beltre is a good defender but his history would indicate that his offensive performance will decline this season.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'll say this, in his time with the Astros, I saw quite a few local interviews with Berkman...and his comments about the Rangers seem perfectly in line with his normal dealings with the press. He states his feelings with blunt and honest statements. Reminds me of Arroyo in many ways with regards to speaking to the press.

As much as I hated seeing Lance face the Reds due to him treating us like his own personal punching-bag, he's a stand-up guy and seemingly a very good teammate.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Welcome to the world of nepotism. A succession plan involving a family member fails much more often than it succeeds.
    This is simply not true. Example: It's worked out quite well for the Bengals.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    This is simply not true. Example: It's worked out quite well for the Bengals.
    You forgot your smiley.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

So Bud would be A-ok with a plan that would lead to his favorite baseball team ceasing to be?

Sure Hank...sure.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So Bud would be A-ok with a plan that would lead to his favorite baseball team ceasing to be?

Sure Hank...sure.
    Okay, Hank, since you don't want teams in smaller markets, how about we move three more teams to the New York market? Then the city could have one MLB team for each borough. Gee, wouldn't that be fun?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

And they wonder why people hate The Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Okay, Hank, since you don't want teams in smaller markets, how about we move three more teams to the New York market? Then the city could have one MLB team for each borough. Gee, wouldn't that be fun?
    What about Jersey City? if we're gonna do this lets do it right.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What about Jersey City? if we're gonna do this lets do it right.
    The more, the merrier. The fact is, the Yankees organization has benefited from MLB's restrictive territory rules keeping other teams from moving into the market. If the Hank Steinbrenner wants to do away with revenue sharing, then he should also give up his territorial protection and allow as many teams to move to the NY-NJ metropolitan area as the market will bear.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?