Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Postees Awards

2011 Postees Awards

Time for the nominations.

The Categories from past years (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Who deserves an for coming up with all the best of these little guys out of all us posters.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter

Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic

I like potatoes!

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds

The Marty Brennamen Award

Who does the best job of play by play during the game threads?

The Old Red Guard Award

We all know the post. What was the most memorable post of the last year? The one that really made you think, reminisce or stand up and cheer.

Best Historian

Who does the best job of bringing back yesterday when baseball was a game and those who played it were gods?

Lifetime Achievement Award

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 Postees Awards

I started to fill this out and then realized there are too many great posters to simply put down a few names under most of the categories. This is just a too great a forum.

Btw, the non-sports forum is the best place to get advice and information I've ever found.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Ahh, the return of the Postee awards.

How you have been missed.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

A couple nominations-

RoY- The Operator
    Marty Brenneman (GT pbp)- Reds Fanatic
    Chatter- nate
    Tired topic- Jocketty vs. Krivsky
    Mod- Paint
    Nicest- Sir Charles
    Stat-head- RedsManRick

Category Nomination: Poster who gets the most breaking info up the fastest- OBM

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    A couple nominations-

RoY- The Operator
    Marty Brenneman (GT pbp)- Reds Fanatic
    Chatter- nate
    Tired topic- Jocketty vs. Krivsky
    Mod- Paint
    Nicest- Sir Charles
    Stat-head- RedsManRick

Category Nomination: Poster who gets the most breaking info up the fastest- OBM

Speaking of which WEHT nate? He should be nominated for most missed and chatter.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

I have a few nominations:

Best Tag: Razor Shines. Anything that contains a quote from It's Always Sunny has gotta be gold.

MVP: RMR. Several deserving candidates, though.

Funniest: camisadelgolf

Most long-winded: mth. Great content. I just wish he'd use less words.

Emoticon: Heather, of course.

Nicest: KittyDuran. Each one of us who attended a get-together during ST last year was treated to a little gift bag courtesy of Kitty. I found that to ridiculously thoughtful and nice.

Mod: Chip

Outsider: MattyMo. The Cardinals' organization is starting to border on unsufferable, but MattyMo can stick around as long as he likes.

Marty Brenneman: RedsFanatic

Historian: WOY. Duh.

Also, I'd like to add another category: Best poster that doesn't post very much, or something like that. This type of poster doens't post very often, but you're thankful when (s)he does. Or, in other words, he OPSes 1.200 on the season, but only plays in 26 games. This nomination turned out to be a lot harder than I first thought, but for this award, I nominate IslandRed. Invariably spot-on accurate with a sense of humility and congeniality. My only complaint is that he doesn't post enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I have a few nominations:

Best Tag: Razor Shines. Anything that contains a quote from It's Always Sunny has gotta be gold.

MVP: RMR. Several deserving candidates, though.

Funniest: camisadelgolf

Most long-winded: mth. Great content. I just wish he'd use less words.

Emoticon: Heather, of course.

Nicest: KittyDuran. Each one of us who attended a get-together during ST last year was treated to a little gift bag courtesy of Kitty. I found that to ridiculously thoughtful and nice.

Mod: Chip

Outsider: MattyMo. The Cardinals' organization is starting to border on unsufferable, but MattyMo can stick around as long as he likes.

Marty Brenneman: RedsFanatic

Historian: WOY. Duh.

Also, I'd like to add another category: Best poster that doesn't post very much, or something like that. This type of poster doens't post very often, but you're thankful when (s)he does. Or, in other words, he OPSes 1.200 on the season, but only plays in 26 games. This nomination turned out to be a lot harder than I first thought, but for this award, I nominate IslandRed. Invariably spot-on accurate with a sense of humility and congeniality. My only complaint is that he doesn't post enough.
    I second the nomination of Island Red. Briefly.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Most positive: I can't choose between Heather and Roy
    MVP: Brutus

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I second the nomination of Island Red. Briefly.

I may need to go back and edit my funniest nomination...

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Most missed poster
    Falls City Beer. He drove me up the wall, but his absence is certainly the most noticeable.

Best Moniker
    *BaseClogger* even with those stupid asterisks.

Most Valuable Poster
    OBM. He's really on top of things.

Most Clever
    BCubb2003 - Random Thoughts. Need I say more?

Best Armchair GM
    We all suck.

Best Trademeister
    RedLegSuperStar always seems to have something to say about trades involving the Reds.

Best Discussion
    Anything comparing Jocketty and Krivsky. A lot has been revealed, but way too much time has been devoted to it. I get mad every time the subject comes up, but at the same time, I'm interested enough to read the posts anyway.

Worst Typist
    Me when I'm drunk. Otherwise, this is the most articulate forum I've ever visited.

Funniest
    Puffy cracks me up.

Best Use of Statistics
    This is undoubtedly RedsManRick.

Most Long-winded
    BetterRead

Most Positive
    The sky is always falling on RedsZone.

Most Negative
    Falls City Beer. His negativity transcends voting eligibility.

Best Use of an Emoticon
    I loved this one: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=117

Nicest
    redsmetz

Best Moderator
    Chip. He sometimes understands my humor even though it breaks the rules for moderators to have humor.

Best Chatter
    redsfandan. I don't really think of him when it comes to the chat room, but he's always good for some banter.

Most Off-Topic
    gm. He stays fairly pertinent, but he always alludes to crazy references that are out of left field (no pun intended).

Best Newcomer
    cinreds21. I hope he sticks around.

Best Outsider
    Does jojo count? Jk. MattyMo4Life. I hate to pick a Cardinals fan, but he earned it.

Redsfan320

The Old Red Guard Award
    I need help with this one.

Best Historian
    westofyou

OnBaseMachine

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here?
    dougdirt

Paul Janish and the whole discussion of his value and whether he should be the starter and how Dusty doesn't give him enough opportunity and . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Speaking of which WEHT nate? He should be nominated for most missed and chatter.
    Moved from Nashville to LA for work in August or September I think. Traveling quite a bit.

I hope work and life allows him to resurface as spring training gets here.

Thanks for the nominations, camis and TO. I really like doing pbp, and am itching to get back at it this spring.

And nate's presence is certainly missed. I sent him a PM a couple months ago about doing PROject proJECT again this off-season, and never heard anything back. Hope he's doing well.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 01-30-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Most missed poster
    nate. Brains and humor, what a catch!

Best Moniker
    Brutus the Pimp

Most Valuable Poster
    RedsManRick

Most Clever
    Raisor

Best Trademeister
    Krusty. Is this even up for debate?

Best Use of Statistics
    RedsManRick

Most Positive
    Heather

Nicest
    Heather again.

Best Moderator
    Umm, Me? Duh. But in all seriousness, I'll nominate the entire recently retired staff. They did a great job and it'll be a big task to fill their shoes.

Best Outsider
    MattyMo4Life.

Redsfan320

Best Historian
    westofyou

Boss and GIK. They did create the site, ya know.

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here?
    I couldn't even begin to narrow that down to one person.

Wayne vs. Walt. The Reds are winning, let's just be happy and sing songs around a campfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

I don't have enough memory to go award by award...

But I'll give shoutouts to dougdirt and Redsmanrick....both of those guys, while I may not always agree with them, are more than willing to back up their assertions and answer any questions asked with the numbers.

Heather gets the nicest award from me.

And yeah, I hope Nate comes back.

Really a good group of posters here, looking forward to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Best Chatter
    redsfandan. I don't really think of him when it comes to the chat room, but he's always good for some banter.
    Probably because I'm usually the most sober person in the chat room. Especially when GAC is in there with his Yuengling. lol

Heather gets my vote for most positive.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Turn Off Ads?