Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Postees Awards

Re: 2011 Postees Awards

What about best avatar? I nominate kaldanials with a drunk Charlie Sheen in a Reds shirt.
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    What about best avatar? I nominate kaldanials with a drunk Charlie Sheen in a Reds shirt.
    I'd second that.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'd second that.
    Yeah, I love it. That gets my vote, too.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Yeah, I love it. That gets my vote, too.
    Thanks guys, as I just found it a few days ago, I hope it has legs and won't get stale. It was off the front page of deadspin and the minute I saw it I cropped and shrunk it down to 100x100 pixels as fast as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Thanks guys, as I just found it a few days ago, I hope it has legs and won't get stale. It was off the front page of deadspin and the minute I saw it I cropped and shrunk it down to 100x100 pixels as fast as I could.
    The only thing that I don't like about the avatar is that its not mine!!
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

The Charlie Sheen topic seemed to be developing a life of it's own so I went ahead and gave it it's own thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87553
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Most missed poster - *sniffle* Richard Hand ....... really?

LOL .... Just Kidding. Hi guys, nice to see someone bring this back.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I'd like to add a Most Improved Poster to potential ideas for categories down the road.

Most missed poster - Take your pick, TeamClark, nate, M2, SteelSD Cyclone792, Falls City Beer, along with a host of others all deserve mention. I like all of those folks but I'll go with RedlegJake.

Best tag line - Nemesis -
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...
    Kind of annoys me because I assume it's true and can only assume it to be. But appreciate it because obviously I have never thought of it that way before.

Honorable mention: Redhook via dsmith421 - Who can't appreciate a squirrel on a coke binge joke, or B.L. and E.D.?

Best Moniker - Onbasemachine - Can ya get more befitting for a guy who is always both here and ultra productive?

Honorable mention: Sabometrics & Vottomatic - Just such symmetry.

Most Valuable Poster - Brutus the Pimp - I think in 2010 Brutus was a great asset to the board in both quality and quantity. Probably was before that as well, just noticed it this year.

Honorable mention: redsof72 - Always has great insight into to the organization.

Most Clever - Nate - Seems to have a blend of effective ways to make you stop and take notice.

Honorable mention - Dom Heffner - Seems to be a pretty sharp guy.

Best Armchair GM - M2 - I know there are a few I'd feel comfortable with but I can't think of any at the moment. So I'll go with the gold standard.

Best Trademeister - Krusty - I'll go with the guy the award should be named for. Plus it's bad form to vote for yourself.

Honorable mention: willM - The wheels are always turning.

Best Discussion - Speed vs. Power (a current discussion in the Bavasi not afraid to fast track Hamilton thread in the minor league forum). It's ongoing but I think there is some good stuff coming from it and I would like to see it continue.

Worst Typist - WVPacman (default answer)

Funniest - camisadelgolf - I find Cam pretty funny. Especially on the occasion he tips one too many back.

Honorable mention: remdog

Best Use of Statistics - RedsManRick

Most Long-winded - I know as I said earlier it is bad form to vote for yourself but this clearly fits me like a glove. Mario-Rijo

Most Positive - in general & 2010? That has to go to HeatherC1212.

Most positive about the Reds - edabbs44

Most Negative - I don't think there has been alot of negativity this past year. So no one comes to mind.

Best Use of an Emoticon - I have always liked WVPacman's little drunken emoticon. It fits well with his other award earned.

Nicest - This is very hard because there are so many nice people here. Vada Pinson Fan is always good people.

Honorable mention: redsmetz

Best Moderator - I know it is stated often but we don't have too many problems here so I'd say them all. But I have noticed paintmered & his diligence so much over the past few years. Speaking of Paint, WTH happened to the Avatar (one of the best ever)?!

Best Avatar - Since Paint reminded me...and since paint no longer has his I gotta go macro. My childlike tendency to overappreciate something colorful or something that is moving I guess.

Honorable Mention: Cedric & Pahster

Best Chatter - Don't qualify to vote.

Most Off-Topic - Ugh, not sure.

Best Newcomer - cinreds21 - One of my favorite guys to read on the minor league forum and is a true newcomer only been here since July '10.

Honorable Mention: Redsfan320 - Considering he is 14 he is a heck of a poster. Could be the next OBM.

Best Outsider - blumj - I often think he is a Reds fan, (is he?). But I do know he likes Boston.

Honorable mention: MattyMo

The Marty Brennamen Award: I believe that has to be Sir_Charles

Honorable mention: Reds44

The Old Red Guard Award - I'm blanking on a great post of the year nominee.

Best Historian - WOY

Honorable mention - Big Klu

Lifetime Achievement Award - BCubb2003 - The man just come out with a book of things he has said on RZ what else could one want in a HOF type?

Most Tired Topic of the Year - That has to be Walt vs. Wayne - Unfortunately I was at the forefront of the discussion virtually every time it came up. And although I would still argue it, even I am tired of doing so.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 02-04-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Most Valuable Poster - Brutus the Pimp - I think in 2010 Brutus was a great asset to the board in both quality and quantity. Probably was before that as well, just noticed it this year.
    He's absolutely a deserving nominee.

Best Newcomer - cinreds21 - One of my favorite guys to read on the minor league forum and is a true newcomer only been here since July '10.

Honorable Mention: Redsfan320 - Considering he is 14 he is a heck of a poster. Could be the next OBM.
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

I also think willM deserves some sort of award for consistent, well-thought out posts. . Maybe right there in the running for MVP.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Didn't have the time to go through and nominate individuals--but this is the best sports, and baseball forum anywhere on the internet and I've been in a few of them and lurked on many more. I enjoy pretty much everyone on here and learn something new every day it seems like just reading through the threads. Makes me proud to be a Reds fan.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I've been resisting this for fear of offending some one, but I probably do that when I post without really trying anyhow. I'm bored and some posters who get less mention might be worthy of a little recognition so here goes.

Most missed poster - This is a hard one. I miss Stormy and his overall correctness when it comes to sizing up the Reds. I miss M2 and his overall baseball knowledge. I miss Steel and his instructive stat accumen and I miss FCB who kept the place interesting and lively (and was right a lot more than people would like to admit IMO). Buckeye Redleg is another guy who was good and who seems to have disappeared. Finally, Redsland was very enjoyable but doesn't post much anymore.

Most Valuable Poster - Hoosier Red is very overlooked. He posts enough to be a presence and his comments are usually pretty good. He's not flashy or controversial so he's overlooked IMO, but his posts are interesting, usually accurate and w/o the arrogance or nastiness that so many seem to have.

Island Red would be my other choice in this category, but doesn't seem to post as much as he used to. He's almost always right on the money. Post more IR.

DougDirt and OBM get props for keeping the minor league forum going. Easily my favorite part of Redszone.

Best Armchair GM - Benihana. I like his ideas. Wish the Reds had an Upton in LF. Will M should get some love as well.

Best Trademeister - Benihana see above.

Funniest/Most Clever - BCubb's Random thoughts are always both. I hate to encourage Raisor too much, but he's really funny too.

Best Discussion - The prospect rankings always interest me. A lot more information there that isn't see easy to find elsewhere.

Worst Typist - Me no doubt, but I try to hide it by editing frequently.

Most Positive - Everybody seems to be on the bandwagon right now, but RedsMetz and Heather win this one IMO. Sir Charles might be close as well. Edabbs where Jocketty is concerned.

Most Negative -Probably me.

Nicest - Kitty Duran seems pretty selfless. RedsMetz has the friendliest posts.

Best Outsider - MattyMo.

The Marty Brennamen Award - RedsFanatic, RedsMan3203 and Tornon do very well.

Best Historian - Big Klu's past line-ups win this one for me. WOY and Redsbaron are pretty good too.

Lifetime Achievement Award - Gonelong is another poster who has been around a while and provides good content. His prediction threads are a staple and he deserves some love IMO.

After this, I think Screwball is right. I am the most long-winded.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I just got home from vacation on Monday and have been sick as all get out all week so I'm not feeling very positive right now but I appreciate all the votes here. Thanks guys! I'll try not to let you down for this upcoming season although I need to get healthy first.

Shocked I didn't get a vote for obsessive use of emoticons, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Nicest - This is very hard because there are so many nice people here. Vada Pinson Fan is always good people.

KittyDuran and damn award should be titles as so. She truly is the Babe Ruth of redszone. In all my years on any forums nobody can hold a candle to her kindness and outright contributions and willingness to help others,

Not sure if it an award but what Dirt and OBM bring to minor league forums is beyond amazing.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Best Historian - WOY that is a slam dunk easily

Best Trademeister - krusty

Most missed poster : FCB would love him back honestly

Category addition I would add is the "Chip award" man over the years has he done some of the best game day threads I have ever read.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Speaking of Paint, WTH happened to the Avatar (one of the best ever)?!
    Glad you liked it. I actually stole it from Krono probably eight years ago. Now that I'm no longer a mod, it seemed appropriate to put it into retirement.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?