Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winter storm

Re: Winter storm

On Tuesday it was a fun morning at the ol' Honda plant. They were short over 100 people in Assembly. So we all sat around for about an hour while management (those that did come to work) scrambled around grabbing people from every where to fill the vacancies and get us up and running.

Wednesday - they cancelled operations at every plant.

The wind outside is howling so bad it's unbelievable! Snow is drifting bad. I got a whole house generator, so I'm prepared if we lose power at some point.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The wind outside is howling so bad it's unbelievable! Snow is drifting bad. I got a whole house generator, so I'm prepared if we lose power at some point.
    I am glad you found a way to keep the Yuengling cold!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Good news, the groundhog did NOT see his shadow. I think that translates to: don't wait until you're done worrying about the roof to start worrying about the basement.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Can't say I've ever seen this before...

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/w...=lot&wwa=civil emergency message

hang in there folks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wow, just woke up in the Chicago suburbs and we have 3' drifts across most of our driveway. Here's a picture I took with my phone: http://plixi.com/p/74232202

Watching the news right now and they are saying we've gotten about 18" so far with a little more still expected. Looks like Lake Shore Drive, I-57, I-80, and I-290 all have sections closed. This is crazy. Still waiting for a call from the boss about whether we can work from home today (expected to call around 9 or so) but I'm thinking there's no way we can actually get in.

Here in Oxford, lost power sometime between three and four this morning, just got it back.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I lost power around 8:00 yesterday evening. I was still out when I left in search for heat and warm food around 9:00 this morning.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

My sister goes to Valpo for law school, and she said they got hammered up there.

It's amazing that we only got rain and flurries here in Cincy.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Heater kicked on about 5A.M. this morning. Went back off about 6:30A.M. About 7:30 A.M. I went outside and cut a rose off one of the bushes for my wife to take to work.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Heater kicked on about 5A.M. this morning. Went back off about 6:30A.M. About 7:30 A.M. I went outside and cut a rose off one of the bushes for my wife to take to work.
    Yeah, but we had a white Christmas...

There is hope.

http://www.groundhog.org/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    My sister goes to Valpo for law school, and she said they got hammered up there.

It's amazing that we only got rain and flurries here in Cincy.
    My daughter did her undergrad degree there. Now she's buried in Chicago.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I thought you CA people believed in karma? Good luck with that big earthquake you're asking for.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I thought you CA people believed in karma? Good luck with that big earthquake you're asking for.
    I grew up in Michigan, I lived in California for 20 years, I'll risk the earthquake.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My daughter did her undergrad degree there. Now she's buried in Chicago.
    took my daughter 1 1/2 hrs to take bus and train to work at chicago tribune this a.m. she and hubby had 18 in. in their front yard..
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?