Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: Winter storm

  1. #61
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: Winter storm

    Wow, on CNN just seen footage of an industrial building collapsing due to the snow pack on the roof. A youtube video probably be out soon.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Wow, on CNN just seen footage of an industrial building collapsing due to the snow pack on the roof. A youtube video probably be out soon.
    And you believe that? It's a conspiracy. It actually was a controlled demolition...

  4. #63
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And you believe that? It's a conspiracy. It actually was a controlled demolition...
    Jesse Ventura is on it.

  5. #64
    Member blumj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern MA
    Posts
    4,609

    Re: Winter storm

    Was it Triton Tech in Easton, MA? If not, here's another one.

    http://www.necn.com/02/02/11/Unbelie...37&feedID=4206
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

  6. #65
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Winter storm

    My power went out last night at 10:00 pm. Took a shower in this morning with the thermostat showing 58 degrees (talk about quick towel dry and getting dressed). Went home from work this eveing to find the power still out. Thermostat showed 48 degrees in the house. Heading to my cousin's house in Springboro, OH to crash there, stay warm and get a hot shower in the morning.

    This sucks.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  7. #66
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Was it Triton Tech in Easton, MA? If not, here's another one.

    http://www.necn.com/02/02/11/Unbelie...37&feedID=4206
    Yup, that's the one.

  8. #67
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,295

    Re: Winter storm

    My power was out last night from about 7:45pm-1:15am. I almost hit two different trees that were laying across the road that had fallen due to ice as well (no lighting on the streets and it was raining pretty good = dark things in the road sneak up on you quickly).

  9. #68
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,713

    Re: Winter storm

    We lost our power from around 4am in the morning until 12pm today.

    It wasn't too big of a deal. Wright State canceled and we were able to keep the house warm with our wood burning stove.

    We keep a deep cycle marine battery charged up so we can hook it to an inverter just in case something like this happens. It lets us keep the fan running on the stove for quite a few hours.

    We also have a generator but rarely end up needing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  10. #69
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,713

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    The most alarming thing during the storm was when the winds picked up and blew the ice off the trees and onto our house and roof at 3am this morning. It sounded like it was being pelted with thousands of stones.
    We experienced the same thing.

    It sounded like the roof was going to come down. I had never heard anything like that before. It was weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  11. #70
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,124

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    jeez, a database for lost cars.

    http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...nd-police.html

    Pay attention to the open sky

  12. #71
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,295

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I feel like someone should have thought it through better in the editing room. The video on the page states numerous times that people were stranded in their cars on LSD.

  13. #72
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    I am glad you found a way to keep the Yuengling cold!
    Just being stored out in the garage, along with the pop, is enough
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  14. #73
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Winter storm

    I am still without power in a suburb of Dayton, OH. Been out since 10:00 pm Tuesday. The house was 39 degrees inside this morning. My poor dog is freaking out. I have a cousin who lives about 20 miles south of me that has been nice enough to allow me to stay at his place WED and THUR nights. I get up at 5:00 am, shower and then drive back home to let the dog outside. The dog tried to hide in the bedrooms when he came inside b/c he does not want to be alone in the basement again (Jack Russell, needs attention). I emptied the freezer this morning and threw that stuff away at a convenience store trash can on the way to work.

    I am contemplating filing in small claims court against Dayton Power & Light. You are not prepared to take care of your customers (or something like that). Does not cost much to file and I do not expect to win. Pain and suffering (cousin's couch is not comfy to lay on all night!), wasted food, mental trauma to the dog, a full length mirror that cracked due tot he cold (has that spider-web look now), etc, etc. It might get me my 15-minutes of attention from the media. Type of thing that could lead to my own reality show or an appearance on Oprah. Whatcha think?!?
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  15. #74
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,564

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I am still without power in a suburb of Dayton, OH. Been out since 10:00 pm Tuesday. The house was 39 degrees inside this morning. My poor dog is freaking out. I have a cousin who lives about 20 miles south of me that has been nice enough to allow me to stay at his place WED and THUR nights. I get up at 5:00 am, shower and then drive back home to let the dog outside. The dog tried to hide in the bedrooms when he came inside b/c he does not want to be alone in the basement again (Jack Russell, needs attention). I emptied the freezer this morning and threw that stuff away at a convenience store trash can on the way to work.

    I am contemplating filing in small claims court against Dayton Power & Light. You are not prepared to take care of your customers (or something like that). Does not cost much to file and I do not expect to win. Pain and suffering (cousin's couch is not comfy to lay on all night!), wasted food, mental trauma to the dog, a full length mirror that cracked due tot he cold (has that spider-web look now), etc, etc. It might get me my 15-minutes of attention from the media. Type of thing that could lead to my own reality show or an appearance on Oprah. Whatcha think?!?
    I'd go for the reality show. Maybe call it 'Horror next to the Ghetto'.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  16. #75
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,392

    Re: Winter storm

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I am still without power in a suburb of Dayton, OH. Been out since 10:00 pm Tuesday. The house was 39 degrees inside this morning. My poor dog is freaking out. I have a cousin who lives about 20 miles south of me that has been nice enough to allow me to stay at his place WED and THUR nights. I get up at 5:00 am, shower and then drive back home to let the dog outside. The dog tried to hide in the bedrooms when he came inside b/c he does not want to be alone in the basement again (Jack Russell, needs attention). I emptied the freezer this morning and threw that stuff away at a convenience store trash can on the way to work.

    I am contemplating filing in small claims court against Dayton Power & Light. You are not prepared to take care of your customers (or something like that). Does not cost much to file and I do not expect to win. Pain and suffering (cousin's couch is not comfy to lay on all night!), wasted food, mental trauma to the dog, a full length mirror that cracked due tot he cold (has that spider-web look now), etc, etc. It might get me my 15-minutes of attention from the media. Type of thing that could lead to my own reality show or an appearance on Oprah. Whatcha think?!?
    Did you hear about that state trooper and his wife who apparantly died of asphyxiation in their garage by Lebanon? I guess they were without power - they were also on DP&L - and had their generator in their garage.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25