Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Found at Last: A Tape of the First Super Bowl

Found at Last: A Tape of the First Super Bowl

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...773290508.html

In a bizarre confluence of events, neither network preserved a tape. All that survived of this broadcast is sideline footage shot by NFL Films and roughly 30 seconds of footage CBS included in a pre-game show for Super Bowl XXV. Somehow, an historic football game that was seen by 26.8 million people had, for all intents and purposes, vanished.

The long search may finally be over. The Paley Center for Media in New York, which had searched for the game footage for some time, has restored what it believes to be a genuine copy of the CBS broadcast.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Found at Last: A Tape of the First Super Bowl

That is a great find! I do wonder if the NFL does still have the rights to this as they claim. I would think they would unless the copyright has expired and they didn't renew it thinking there was no recording of this availble. Hopefully they can come to some resolution for this as I would love to see it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Re: Found at Last: A Tape of the First Super Bowl

I thought I was going to read the article and find out that the tape was in Bing Crosby's wine cellar.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?