Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Best MLB Extra Innings Price..

Best MLB Extra Innings Price..

Mods,

Can we sticky this for two months until about April 15....

This is a thread devoted to obtaining the best price for MLBtv internet viewing and for MLB Extra Innings through your television provider.

I don't live in the Reds viewing area at the moment and this year will purchase the package tv or internet package... Not sure which at the moment as I've had both and the tv package is better for quality on the video but the fantasy side isn't as good, while the MLBtv is better for catching more games and the fantasy aspect of this appeals to me. Also I like being able to sync wlw 700 and the game broadcast together using the internet.

Also does anybody know if the video for the premium will be upped this year on the MLBtv internet?

So if anybody runs across any deals or steals, or knows anybody important post them away...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Best MLB Extra Innings Price..

Last year was the first time I had the mlb.tv internet subscription. It seemed like the first 2 or so weeks they had serious problems with nexdef, the platform which brings HD and DVR capability. I went to the 'trouble' forum, and it seemed like it was this was every season. (Nexdef problems are not resolved for a couple of weeks.)

After they got the issues taken care of, it was pretty much awesome. I think I payed like $124.95 for the season, with the DVR subscription. I caught nearly every game last tear, so I can say that it was one of the best investments I've made. Another benefit was that I could sync the audio/video, and listen to Marty call the games instead of Thom. If you get an S-Video cable, you could even hook it up to your tele.

We had the Extra Innings package from comcast (NJ) a few years back. It's obviously better to be able to watch the games on a big screen from your couch, but it seemed like once a week the game would be blacked out or simply not shown. Not the worst thing in the world, but you couldn't even plan around it at times, since the game schedule doesn't come out until that morning. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.

I guess it really comes down to how good your internet connection is. If your pc can run high def and it's feasible, the mlb.tv is a thing to look into. Just the first couple weeks look to be rough.*

*It seemed like they weren't willing to allow Nexdef to be used during spring training last year, and thus couldn't debug it until the regular season started. If they aren't showing spring training games in premium, I would expect this to happen again.

I'll be moving to japan next month(USAF) and plan on getting MLB.tv on my ps3

does anyone know if reds games get blacked out in pittsburgh
    Barry Larkin = Future Hall Of Famer

The best I have found is $10 for 6 months for Direct Tv guys. I am thinking I will go the MLB.tv route this year as their is still hope for a groupon or livingsocial deal.

I had MLB.TV last season and it was awesome, especially down the stretch. I'm planning on getting it again this season, hopefully in time to catch a couple ST games before Opening Day.

I'd love it if somebody posted any deals they find online and I will do the same if I see any.

double
    Last edited by WestSideBomber; 03-02-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: double

Last year I was able to get the mlb.tv on a groupon deal for a month @ $4.99 I think. It was a good deal. If I can get the whole year at around $50 to 70 I would be happy.

Stat geek...and proud

Yes, I would love to get a deal for MLB.tv. If anybody finds any deals, please share, and I will as well.

NL Central champs

Did anyone find any more deals?

I haven't found one yet... My main concern right now is the quality on the mlb.tv site. Last year the image was good but wasn't smooth. I am trying to track done some info on whether they have increased the stream quality. The max speed is 3000k with the average being 2200k. I am trying to see if they are going to be at 3000k this year or just the average.

Will post more later...

They just got a new head guy running MLB.com last year so hopefully things will get better. I thought for the most part it was pretty good last year - except that they keep charging me year after year - even when I cancel my subscription.

does anyone have anything against extra innings? I had them in the past and I loved it....I use MLB.tv now because I have a iphone and PS3, so I like t have things integrated....but as far as watching baseball, extra innings was legit

Turn Off Ads?