Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragons/ 5/3 Field

Re: Dragons/ 5/3 Field

Need to remember that you cannot bring food or drink into the ballpark (unlike GABP). If going to a Saturday or Sunday game I just stop off around Dayton Mall and eat at a restaurant. Though, IMHO, the food is much better at 5/3 than at GABP, so if you're hungry, spurge.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    I would think so because I think they have a much stronger broadcasting signal than 1410 does.
    Actually, I just turned on a boombox here at home and both sound about the same with lots of static. Will try tomorrow going home from work.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

You might just be out of range living where you do. But good luck tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder if I can get the reception any better in the car with WONE - 1410 would fade out around Middletown.
    I can get 980 all the way down near Milford pretty clear in the morning. Seems like in the afternoons it take me up to the Loveland area before it really comes in, though some times I can getting it leaving work.

1410 usually only gets me thru about Lebanon on the drive to work, but since its programming is often the same as 1530, if there's something on Mike & Mike worth listening to, I just flip over, otherwise I got to 500.

WONE 980 AM and WING 1410 AM go to a directional signal at sundown and the signal gets much weaker in most areas when they make the switch. The daytime signal, which is utilized until around 9:00 p.m. in the middle of summer (but only until 6:00 right now), is a good signal. WONE's daytime signal does get to more places than WING's did.

Here are some links to signal strength maps for the stations and you can find your location. If you are inside the red circle, you are going to get a good signal. If you are inside the pink circle, you still might get a listenable signal.

Also note that all games are streamed via the internet. I should also note that if you live in the Springfield area, the games are carried there on WIZE AM.

One last suggestion that some may know and some may not. When trying to pick up any AM radio station, remember that the AM antenna is inside the unit. If you have a telescoping antenna on your boombox, that is only going to help with FM stations. It will not effect the radio's ability to pick up AM stations. To get better reception of AM stations, turn the radio itself and you will hear a noticable change in the sound clarity. To those of us who are old enough to remember when AM was king who spent time as kids trying to pick up baseball games off stations in Detroit, St. Louis, or Chicago, we have all tried this. To a younger audience, it may be something you have never worried about.

WONE daytime signal

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D

WONE night signal

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=N

WING day signal

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D

WING night signal

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=N
    Last edited by redsof72; 02-11-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    In '08, I became a baseball/Reds fan, and dragged by dad back to caring about baseball again (the '94 strike didn't sit well with him, and the lost decade didn't help). Since then, we've been to GABP a few times each year, including Opening Day in '09, and we've made it to PNC once. Anyway, this season we'll probably make our first trip up to Dayton, as its really no farther for us than Cincy (we're in Oxford). So, any tips on where to sit, etc.? Any players to watch- I know Hamilton will be there, LaMarre- Is H-Rod there yet?

Yes its still a bit of a ways off before tickets and such, but I just thought about it, and baseball season is close enough.

Redsfna320, enjoy the games and cherish the time with your dad. My pops introduced me to the game and got me hooked. Sadly, the strike and other life events have made him sort of bitter towards the game (more sports in general) and he doesnt like to go much anymore. By the way, ?320?, an hour early?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Redsfna320, enjoy the games and cherish the time with your dad. My pops introduced me to the game and got me hooked. Sadly, the strike and other life events have made him sort of bitter towards the game (more sports in general) and he doesnt like to go much anymore. By the way, ?320?, an hour early?
    I do cherish it, bounty. Good "male bonding" experience.

Re: the bolded part- What??

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Well some consider 4:20 a magical moment (I'm not sure why, anyone care to explain the significance of 4:20 vs say 4:30?).

4:20 is a good time to light up the marijuna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

I guess wiki is your quick hand friend when you want to learn something.

Well some consider 4:20 a magical moment (I'm not sure why, anyone care to explain the significance of 4:20 vs say 4:30?).

4:20 is a good time to light up the marijuna.
    Well then... I'm not really into weed, but okay. 320 is my birthday.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Let's not corrupt the young fella now.

Turn Off Ads?