Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Fred Lewis is jacked...

  1. #1
    Member MBZags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    238

    Fred Lewis is jacked...

    From his FB...



    Has he always been this big? With muscles like that, I would have expected that he'd be a bigger power threat.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Dyslexic Taquitos Quatitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    322

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Was that a picture for his mom? I like that he took the picture with the breast cancer pink bat.

  4. #3
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Juicer? lol. I never realized he was that big either. You're right though, you would definitely expect more pop out of a guy that looked like that. I guess baseball is unpredictable in that way because you have guys that look like Babe Ruth, or Lance Berkman that can rake.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Juicer? lol. I never realized he was that big either. You're right though, you would definitely expect more pop out of a guy that looked like that. I guess baseball is unpredictable in that way because you have guys that look like Babe Ruth, or Lance Berkman that can rake.
    Ruth and Berkman not only look like ballplayers, but they also look/looked like MEN.

  6. #5
    Dyslexic Taquitos Quatitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    322

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Thought that this was a timely article to go along with this. http://www.fangraphs.com/not/index.p...-for-baseball/

    I'm sure guys like Lewis would get on board for it, but I would hate to imagine seeing Prince Fielder or Pablo Sandoval in something like that. Oh the horror of the sprint down the first base line.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,525

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Well, that's good for Fred Lewis that he's jacked.

    I'm jacked, too........jacked about this upcoming season.

    I never thought that in my lifetime, and so soon after watching the debacle that was the Carl Lindner regime, I'd see the Cincinnati REDS have so much quality, young starting pitching.

    From Rotoworld via the Cincinnati Enquirer w/ Rotoworld comments:

    Reds GM Walt Jocketty said whoever of Homer Bailey, Travis Wood and Mike Leake that doesn't win a rotation spot could pitch out of the bullpen rather than as a starter at Triple-A.

    The trio will fight for the final two spots in the rotation, with Sam LeCure and Matt Maloney also part of the discussion. "One of them could definitely end up in the bullpen," Jocketty said. "We’re going to need someone down there to give us some innings. They are all capable of doing that." The Reds also, of course, have a potential high-upside starter in Aroldis Chapman, but with their starting pitching depth, they're expected to keep him in the bullpen for now.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hamersville
    Posts
    587

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Geeeezus!
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

    Nothing like bowling a 300 game

  9. #8
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Wow.

  10. #9
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,941

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Thought that this was a timely article to go along with this. http://www.fangraphs.com/not/index.p...-for-baseball/

    I'm sure guys like Lewis would get on board for it, but I would hate to imagine seeing Prince Fielder or Pablo Sandoval in something like that. Oh the horror of the sprint down the first base line.
    Thanks. Nice find.

    These new suits might have this guy as inspiration...




    I'm not sure which is worse, players in skin tight, speedoesque uniforms or the baggy, pajama look that so many wear today. How about something that fits? lol
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld via the Cincinnati Enquirer w/ Rotoworld comments:

    Reds GM Walt Jocketty said whoever of Homer Bailey, Travis Wood and Mike Leake that doesn't win a rotation spot could pitch out of the bullpen rather than as a starter at Triple-A.

    The trio will fight for the final two spots in the rotation, with Sam LeCure and Matt Maloney also part of the discussion. "One of them could definitely end up in the bullpen," Jocketty said. "We’re going to need someone down there to give us some innings. They are all capable of doing that." The Reds also, of course, have a potential high-upside starter in Aroldis Chapman, but with their starting pitching depth, they're expected to keep him in the bullpen for now.
    Obviously Homer has to stick on the MLB roster if he doesnt make the rotation, but I hate the idea of Leake or Wood in the pen. They need to either be starting in Cincy or L'ville.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    I agree, I dont like the idea of either of them in the pen right now, either have em in the 5 here or rotation in Lville.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midland Texas
    Posts
    553

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    I bet he is a power threat at the GABP.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,525

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Pony Boy and bounty37h.....we will have injuries to our starting staff. It's inevitable. Those in the pen will then get their opportunities to start. It's more important that they all get experience against Major League pitching than it is for them to get more innings as a starter throwing against minor league players. That's where their growth lies this season...more opportunities going against, and learning how to pitch to the Major League players. It will be very good for whoever ends up in the pen. All of them will get at least 10 starts at the Major League level this year because of injuries. You need to be 8 deep with Starters who are capable of winning games to get through a season, if you're a Championship contender, unless you've got the money to grab players like Oswalt, Halladay, and Lee, who will give you 35 starts every season.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Looks roided up.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: Fred Lewis is jacked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Pony Boy and bounty37h.....we will have injuries to our starting staff. It's inevitable. Those in the pen will then get their opportunities to start. It's more important that they all get experience against Major League pitching than it is for them to get more innings as a starter throwing against minor league players. That's where their growth lies this season...more opportunities going against, and learning how to pitch to the Major League players. It will be very good for whoever ends up in the pen. All of them will get at least 10 starts at the Major League level this year because of injuries. You need to be 8 deep with Starters who are capable of winning games to get through a season, if you're a Championship contender, unless you've got the money to grab players like Oswalt, Halladay, and Lee, who will give you 35 starts every season.
    I realize all of this, just would rather have Leake getting innings and building up for long seasons.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25