Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. II

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Bengals 2010 pt. II

Continue your 2010 Cincinnati Bengals discussion here.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals 2010 pt. II

I'm to the point right now that I believe after this season, changes need to be made.

If it were me, I would start right now by relieving Marvin. If anything, it might serve as a spark and possibly get the players to start playing well. Promote Zimmer to interim head coach and let him finish out the season.

In the offseason, go into all out rebuilding mode, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody outside of Gresham and Shipley can go. Use free agency to plug some holes on the offensive line and if we finish high enough, use a first round pick on either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker. (No Ryan Mallett please)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quite honestly changes needed to be made before the bye week. Now they might as well wait until after the season is over. I would have started by canning Bratkowski but now we get to just see this thing turn ugly like so many other Bengal seasons

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm to the point right now that I believe after this season, changes need to be made.

If it were me, I would start right now by relieving Marvin. If anything, it might serve as a spark and possibly get the players to start playing well. Promote Zimmer to interim head coach and let him finish out the season.

In the offseason, go into all out rebuilding mode, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody outside of Gresham and Shipley can go. Use free agency to plug some holes on the offensive line and if we finish high enough, use a first round pick on either Andrew Luck or Jake Locker. (No Ryan Mallett please)
    The only change that needs to be made is in ownership. Everyone knows it and yet, everyone still wants to go to the games and spend lots of money. I have no idea why Bengals fans keep banging their heads against the wall. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING is going to change until the Brown family is out of CIncinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The only change that needs to be made is in ownership. Everyone knows it and yet, everyone still wants to go to the games and spend lots of money. I have no idea why Bengals fans keep banging their heads against the wall. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING is going to change until the Brown family is out of CIncinnati.
    Spot on. The only "change" that's going to make any difference to this organization is of the ownership. Until then, it's wash, rinse, spin, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Spot on. The only "change" that's going to make any difference to this organization is of the ownership. Until then, it's wash, rinse, spin, and repeat.
    I've actually felt that way for most of the seasons since PB passed away. Since that day, we have found more ways to lose football games than I ever imagined possible. But more often than not, it's because we just aren't talented enough or well-coached enough. And the only way those areas change significantly is if ownership changes.

They are not going to draft a QB in the first round when Carson still has so many years left on his contract. It's not how Mike Brown does things.

They'd be better off drafting a left tackle or a defensive lineman who can actually get to the QB anyway.

But like everyone else is saying, it really doesn't matter. Mike Brown is a horrible human being.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    +1,000,000

Everything else is a moot point. This is the problem and I dont see it being corrected for a very long time.

It won't really take long for people to stop going to the games. I don't think this week's game will sell out, and I think the season ticket base will start drying up after this year, although a new head coach might suck some people back in.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It won't really take long for people to stop going to the games. I don't think this week's game will sell out, and I think the season ticket base will start drying up after this year, although a new head coach might suck some people back in.
    I'd like to think you're right, RF, but the fans of this team have shown that there are few limits to their unconditional loyalty. A new coach (as you said) or another fluke playoff season and they'll be right back for more torture.

I've been a huge fan of the team for 35 years (as my basement Bengals museum will attest), but I'm almost to the point of wishing they'd just move the team to LA or somewhere and save me from myself. If I'm honest, I'm more a fan of "what used to be" and much less a fan of "what is". If Mike Brown moves the team, he's only taking "what will be", and for some reason I doubt that will be anything good. But as long as the team is in Cincinnati, I won't be able to walk away, like I wish I could.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It didn't take long in Tampa -- the bad economy plus a 3-13 season last year sent the fans away in droves. They had a paid gate in the mid-40's this week, but only had about 35k show up to the game.

With as bad as the economy is in Cincinnati, and with the resurgence of the Reds, you can bet there will be a lot of people re-evaluating their sports money this off-season if the team tanks out.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

So does anyone have hope that when Katie takes over, she'll hire an actual GM and upgrade the scouting department? Or would think that doing those type of things would be some sort of dishonor to her father's way of operating?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    So does anyone have hope that when Katie takes over, she'll hire an actual GM and upgrade the scouting department? Or would think that doing those type of things would be some sort of dishonor to her father's way of operating?
    I do think Katie does not intend to serve as GM. Hopefully she'll hire a real one and not her brother or something...

at it's most basic level football is about toughness and execution. The Bengals lack both.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    at it's most basic level football is about toughness and execution. The Bengals lack both.
    I agree but doesn't that point directly to coaching?

Turn Off Ads?