Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MacBook Pro with the money?

Re: MacBook Pro with the money?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Did I say idiot? i don't remember saying idiot.
    But back to Mac vs PC... horsehockey. You just lumped every PC maker into one basket and compared them collectively to Macs. It'd be like comparing all Lexus cars to every other car.

I've had my Dell Inspiron laptop for three years now. Started with XP, re-imaged with Windows7. Haven't really had any problems. I keep my anti virus up to date, and my anti spyware. The one time I did have a problem, turned out my daughter was sneaking on my computer and installing peer to peer software to download music. That is when I had to re-image, and moved to Windows7.
    That last paragraph pretty much makes an argument against PC but whatever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    That last paragraph pretty much makes an argument against PC but whatever.
    No it doesn't. it means my daughter did something stupid. Do something stupid with ANYTHING and it is liable to break.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Fun story -- the strap on my laptop case broke the other day and I dented the corner of my MBP and slightly bent the aluminum frame. It's entirely cosmetic, but it still bothers the hell out of me.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The whole web browser debate is kind of laughable. Sure, people can talk about IE having such and such a market share, but how what would it be if it didn't come with the OS? Take my mother for instance. She got an inexpensive Toshiba laptop and didn't even know there were any other web browsers until I explained it to her and told her where to go to get Firefox. How many people get a computer and just assume that IE is the way you get on the internet and don't even know about other browsers? The same goes, to a lesser extent, for a lot of my Mac using friends who just use Safari because it comes with the OS and they don't want to mess with looking for another browser. I use Firefox on both my Macs and on my PC, but that's because I've tried a lot of different browsers and that's the one I prefer. What would the market share for web browsers be if Windows and the Mac OS didn't each have their own browser included, or if there were four or five to choose from when you installed your OS? I would bet that those of us who try different browsers and find the one that works the best are in the minority. In a lot of products, not just computer related things, the product with the largest market share isn't always the best product.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Turn Off Ads?