Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh, Pujols negotiations not going well...

Uh-Oh, Pujols negotiations not going well...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uh-Oh, Pujols negotiations not going well...

if im the cards theres no way im giving him 10 years. 6-7 years max and that would be my top top dollar and not any more.

Pujols will sign. Just a gut feeling.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I hope they sign him for 10 years and $200 mil
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I hope they sign him for 10 years and $200 mil
    Yeah, because if they do, then how can they afford anyone else? As much as Cards fans and the Cardinals like to say they can afford to put together a decent team around him if they pay him what he wants, they actually can't. the market in the area just can't handle it.

Puhols may talk a game about wanting to stay, but he really doesn't want to IMO. He just wants the organization to look like the bad guy, not him. He's going to drag his heels about signing, and when the deal isn't done by deadline, then he walks away after the season, and the Cards only get a couple of draft picks for him. He's already said he'll veto any trades, he's a 5/10 so he can.

Give him 7 years and $175 and be done with it...

The Cardinals are in our rear-view mirror.

We passed them as the elite team of this Division.

I'm not worried about them. Our competition is the other Division Winners, such as Philadelphia and San Francisco.

We're going to be better than last year.

It doesn't matter what the Cardinals do or don't do.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Pujols will have a few more good years and start his decline like Griffey and many others who didn't use steriods to keep up (Manny and many others). If he stays healthy, more than likely he has been and will still be on roids. I hope they sell the farm for him. Seriously.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

I'm not worried about them. Our competition is the other Division Winners, such as Philadelphia and San Francisco.

as much as id like to believe you, the reds have to win the division more than once and have to do it consistently to be considered elite. not saying they wont but prove it first.

My crystal ball says this will be Pujols last year in the NL

Looking at the news coming out about this, I have a real sinking suspicion that the Cards might go all in this year like the Diamondbacks and Marlins did when they won their championships. Right now the Cards are rumored to be one of the teams Michael Young could be traded to. Pujols has said he will nix any trade so it leaves the Cards in a bad spot. Management might decide to put all its chips on the table and trade Freese for Young. Why I think this could be a 1 for 1 trade is because management could eat all of his salary.

I'll like the Cards chances if the lineup looks like Berkman, Pujols, Holliday, Young, and Rasmus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Wasn't it also Sun Tsu who said that if you underestimate your enemy before battle, you will always lose? I will never count out a team that has been competitive almost every year since the Dewitt management took over in the mid-90's.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wasn't it also Sun Tsu who said that if you underestimate your enemy before battle, you will always lose? I will never count out a team that has been competitive almost every year since the Dewitt management took over in the mid-90's.
    It really doesn't matter what you or kingspoint think, to be honest. It is what the Reds' players and the Cardinals' players think that matters.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Looking at the news coming out about this, I have a real sinking suspicion that the Cards might go all in this year like the Diamondbacks and Marlins did when they won their championships. Right now the Cards are rumored to be one of the teams Michael Young could be traded to. Pujols has said he will nix any trade so it leaves the Cards in a bad spot. Management might decide to put all its chips on the table and trade Freese for Young. Why I think this could be a 1 for 1 trade is because management could eat all of his salary.

I'll like the Cards chances if the lineup looks like Berkman, Pujols, Holliday, Young, and Rasmus.
    If the Cards get Young, they are saying goodbye to Albert forever. But that might not be a bad thing for them in the long run.

I do agree that if they get Young, they have a good chance of winning the division this year. However, they would then have to spend the next two or three years rebuilding.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If the Cards get Young, they are saying goodbye to Albert forever. But that might not be a bad thing for them in the long run.

I do agree that if they get Young, they have a good chance of winning the division this year. However, they would then have to spend the next two or three years rebuilding.
    I agree.

I really don't think letting Pujols walk is a bad thing, other than the rumbling of the fans.

I'm already preparing myself for Votto to walk after this 3 year contract is up.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?