Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Harry Caray statue at Wrigley Field vandalized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Harry Caray statue at Wrigley Field vandalized

Re: Harry Caray statue at Wrigley Field vandalized

Not much of a vandalism job. I was expecting more.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

it’s not the first time the bronze statue has been vandalized. Chicago police removed a dead goat carcass found hanging around it in October 2007.
    Wow.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

It's not the first time the bronze statue has been vandalized. Chicago police removed the carcass of a dead goat found hanging around it in Oct. 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Wow.

That's the part that gave me the creeps.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-09-2011 at 03:18 AM.

For a Level Playing Field

I have never seen a White Sox home game in person. I know only one person who is a White Sox fan and he lives in the Des Plaines, IL area. He is an executive for my employer, makes a lot of money and is a well-to-do person. However...

I have heard from other people in that part of the world (people from Chicago and Wisconsin) that the overall picture of a White Sox fan is of a rough type of person who has seen their fair share of bar fights. I have been told that you do not feel safe around U.S. Cellular Field, nor do you feel safe inside U.S. Cellular Field. Of course most of us remember the father-son tag-team that attacked the Royals 1st-base-coach. And months later another Sox fan attacked the 1st-base-umpire. Cannot readily recall this happening too many times in my life... let alone at the same stadium.

Just wonderin' if anyone else has heard the same?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I have never seen a White Sox home game in person. I know only one person who is a White Sox fan and he lives in the Des Plaines, IL area. He is an executive for my employer, makes a lot of money and is a well-to-do person. However...

I have heard from other people in that part of the world (people from Chicago and Wisconsin) that the overall picture of a White Sox fan is of a rough type of person who has seen their fair share of bar fights. I have been told that you do not feel safe around U.S. Cellular Field, nor do you feel safe inside U.S. Cellular Field. Of course most of us remember the father-son tag-team that attacked the Royals 1st-base-coach. And months later another Sox fan attacked the 1st-base-umpire. Cannot readily recall this happening too many times in my life... let alone at the same stadium.

Just wonderin' if anyone else has heard the same?
    It has been a while but I have been to US Cellular about 5 times and yes the surrounding area is pretty rough. However you really don't have the bar or fan friendly type atmosphere there like you do at Wrigley. You pretty much drive through slums and then an area they call "China Town", park and go to the game. There are really no pregame or past game activities.

Other then the horribly slanted upper deck where you feel like you are going to fall backwards walking up the stairs, I tend to like the stadium.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Holy Cow!

It's just as likely that Harry had a few too many, passed out and got painted by a group of frat kids.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I hate the Cubs fans as much as the next guy [even though one of my friends at work is one ugh] but c'mon, leave it alone people.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Did marty do it?

Turn Off Ads?