Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Power Poll 2011

MLB Power Poll 2011

Reds ranked the 5th best team in MLB by The SportingNews.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed...spring-arrives

They may be under-rating the Milwaukee Brewers here. I would think they are much better than number 18.

Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-09-2011 at 03:57 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Power Poll 2011

And all this with no moves made this offseason? Wow!

i always love when the Reds get a little love and in my eyes they deserve to be ranked in that vicinity but that whole thing seemed to be thrown together pretty quickly

Rockies, A's, and Brewers need to be moved up. If I were to pick the top 10 right now, it would be:

1. Boston
    2. Philly
    3. New York Yankees
    4. San Francisco
    5. Texas
    6. Cincinnati
    7. Atlanta
    8. Minnesota
    9. Colorado
    10. St. Louis
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Rockies, A's, and Brewers need to be moved up. If I were to pick the top 10 right now, it would be:

1. Boston
    2. Philly
    3. New York Yankees
    4. San Francisco
    5. Texas
    6. Cincinnati
    7. Atlanta
    8. Minnesota
    9. Colorado
    10. St. Louis

Texas in front of us? I'd disagree with that, no Cliff Lee, Vlad or possibly Young. Though I do think Beltre will be a force in that lineup/park. And though I know they won I still don't believe in S.F., they have the pitching but that offense still seems like they were mostly lucky.

Without putting much thought into it I'd go with this at the moment.

1. Boston
    2. Philly
    3. NYY
    4. Cincy
    5. St. Louis
    6. Minny
    7. Tampa
    8. S.F.
    9. Texas
    10. LAA/Col
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 02-09-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I see several things that I'd change there. Firstly, no way I'd have the Yankees that high. Yes, their offense & bullpen are stellar...but that rotation is awfully thin. It's going to hurt them considerably. And the Cards...I'd have them MUCH lower. Their pitching depth is going to cost them considerably as will their bottom of the league defense. I'm also not convinced of their offense either. Sure, Poo-holes & Holiday are going to be forces...but after that...iffy. Berkman is not an impact player anymore. Lastly, the Brewers should be much higher. Probably top 10 at least.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I guess I should stop thinking it's a given that we finish in 3rd in the central this year "just because". We have the firepower to really get it going this year. No reason to think that we won't. This is refreshing to see. On a national type publication standpoint.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

This always scares me. I like my teams to be disrespected in the national pubs. Gives them a chip on their shoulder, a fire.

At least make Milwaukee the favorite in the Central. Give the Reds some bulletin board material.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

It's hard for me to imagine a reality where a pre-season power rankings for baseball gives a team "bulletin board material".

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It's hard for me to imagine a reality where a pre-season power rankings for baseball gives a team "bulletin board material".
    Sorry you took that literally.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Sorry, how else was I to take it? Just responding to what was written. I have a hard time imagining baseball teams really getting any emotional charge for a 162 game grind over where they are picked pre-season. Baseball is just so different from the NFL in that respect.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.

There is no way the Brewers should be rated 18. They are and will be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    There is no way the Brewers should be rated 18. They are and will be better than that.
    Getting off to a fast start is imperative for the Brewers this season. If they don't get off to a fast start I think you will see a fire sale.

IMO there is a lot to like about what they did this off season but there still are some serious questions to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Getting off to a fast start is imperative for the Brewers this season. If they don't get off to a fast start I think you will see a fire sale.

IMO there is a lot to like about what they did this off season but there still are some serious questions to be asked.
    Great offense, very good rotation, a great closer. There are some legitimate defensive concerns and even some pen concerns, but they are well positioned. 18 seems a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Great offense, very good rotation, a great closer. There are some legitimate defensive concerns and even some pen concerns, but they are well positioned. 18 seems a bit of a stretch.
    Agreed. The more I think about it, the more that team scares me. Milwaukee's gonna be a tough team to beat for the division this year.

Turn Off Ads?