Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hamilton, Rangers agree to 2-year deal

-The Insider-

Hamilton, Rangers agree to 2-year deal

The Texas Rangers have signed 2010 AL MVP Josh Hamilton to a two-year, $24-million deal.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
    #rangers have called press conference to announce 2-yr deal with superstar josh hamilton.
    SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
    hamilton got $24 mil for 2 yrs from texas
    Last edited by cinreds21; 02-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton, Rangers agree to 2-year deal

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    The Texas Rangers have signed the 2010 AL MVP Josh Hamilton to a two-year, $24-million deal.
    Good for Josh.......while his value is potentially twice that, it serves both sides interests well for the time being.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I was wondering what kind of deal Hamilton would eventually get.

His health and past history make him a risk for a very long deal, but he's SO good that he's still worth locking up for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I wonder if there is a clause protecting the Rangers if he relapses. And before i get flamed, it's a legitimate thought.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I wonder if there is a clause protecting the Rangers if he relapses. And before i get flamed, it's a legitimate thought.
    Very legitimate concern at $25 million. I'd like to know if there is some clause as well. Having said that, I believe Josh has himself pointed in the right direction and the support around him to make it stick.

Glad for Josh.

I just can't help but think about how wickedly sick an outfield of Bruce, Hamilton and Stubbs would be with a pitching staff of Arroyo, Cueto, Wood, Bailey and Leake/Chapman...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Of course there is a clause, and it's in all players contracts. No other drug or behavior clauses supersede the standard player agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Of course there is a clause, and it's in all players contracts. No other drug or behavior clauses supersede the standard player agreement.
    I don't recall a player not getting paid because of non ped drug use.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I don't recall a player not getting paid because of non ped drug use.
    I'm actually pretty sure that Steve Howe, Dwight Gooden and others even received their salary while they were suspended.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?