Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Tickets

Opening Day Tickets

YEEEEEE HAAAWWWW I finally got a set. Not even pissed that I paid $90 for 2 outfield seats sect 101 row H I am going to be 50 this August and finally got Opening Day tickets. We bought a 20 pack earlier this winter to Qualify to buy them.
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Tickets

We also got ordered our Opening Day tickets this morning as part of the offer to partial season tickets holders. Likewise, we have a 20 game pack. Our seats are in section 103. C'mon March 31st!!! Only 49 days away!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    YEEEEEE HAAAWWWW I finally got a set. Not even pissed that I paid $90 for 2 outfield seats sect 101 row H I am going to be 50 this August and finally got Opening Day tickets. We bought a 20 pack earlier this winter to Qualify to buy them.
    Congrats!! Nothing on this earth beats Opening Day! I'm gonna take a stab at getting them through the lottery and if that don't work out I guess I'll try the EBAY route like i have in past years

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I love Opening Day! I have only made it to three. Probably won't make it this year either, being an out-of-town fan with two kids makes day trips more difficult.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Congrats, but I look forward to the day when this team draws fans to every game and not just "opening day and then gone" fans, sand bobblehead days. Not saying that to anyone here, but in general, its crappy that OD gets so much attention then so many dissapear the rest of the season; kind of like they are going for social status of saying they were there that game then for the game itself.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Well this poor ol boy couldn't afford to go to the games if they were all sellouts.

Def wasnt a shot at you BigJohn, congrats on your tix. Just wish our fan base as a whole stepped up, sad we sell out game 1, and hardly anyone there for game 2-end, just cause it isnt as cool to say you were at the second game of the year.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Legends Never Die

I don't have Opening Day tickets so it looks like I will come own from toledo and watch it at the bar!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Congrats.. I live about 10 hours away so I can't make it to often but I just bought tickets to the Reds/Cards series in July. I can't wait for Opening Day!

Just got Opening Day tickets for Valentines Day. I think its only time I've gotten a gift on this day I actually enjoyed. Told her I wanted to go at least once to Opening Day but doubted that I would be willing to spend that kind of money on one game. So kudos to her for making it happen haha. Being that I've never been to an opening day game and living 6 hours away I was wondering if anyone thinks the opening day parade would be worth it for us to go or not? Is it enjoyable or is it just like every other parade haha

Congrats on tickets,this will be my 28th opening day ,i live 3 hours away,i have found the parade ok,depending on the grand marshall and weather,we started going to a little bar called O'malleys in the Alley back a few years ago and have found it so much more entertaining before the game than the parade. But everyone should see the parade at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by upsman View Post
    Congrats on tickets,this will be my 28th opening day ,i live 3 hours away,i have found the parade ok,depending on the grand marshall and weather,we started going to a little bar called O'malleys in the Alley back a few years ago and have found it so much more entertaining before the game than the parade. But everyone should see the parade at least once.
    Thanks for the info. I think we will go if it is nice, like you said its probably something I should experience at least once. We most likely are going up night before so it wouldn't alter any travel plans anyways. 28th Opening Day is very impressive.

Struck out on lottery got notice at 2:51 PM

I haven't heard anything on my lottery results yet. Wonder when I'll hear I was shut out.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Got mine as part of the option as well. This will by my 1st year as a season ticket holder (the 38-game weekend pack) as well as my first opening "day". Cant wait!!
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?