Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Re: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I ended up buying it today. got to listen to a few innings.

So if i buy MLB.tv, I'll get to view games on my android phone? They sure imply that on the website.
    From my understanding, yes, if you have one of the currently supported phones. I do, but living in Cincinnati, there's no need (that I'm aware of) for me to buy MLB.tv.

2. Turn Off Ads?

ooh. big fat liars....

this page says WATCH 150 games live on android phones.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/s...ns/devices.jsp

this page only mentions audio for ST, live video IF you are a MLB.tv subscriber after opening day. iPhone users get the live video as part of the app, which hardly seems fair.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mobil...x.jsp?c_id=mlb

guess I'll start saving cans or pop bottles.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I ended up buying it today. got to listen to a few innings.

So if i buy MLB.tv, I'll get to view games on my android phone? They sure imply that on the website.
    Yes, but not until opening day. There will be no spring training games on video. Did you check to see that your droid has live video?

My streak is almost never listed as it is usually considered a tablet and not a phone. where is the list of supported devices?

My streak is almost never listed as it is usually considered a tablet and not a phone. where is the list of supported devices?
    Within my version of the app, I go to "information", then "Tips/Support", and it says "What devices support MLB.TV"? and the answer is:

Spring HTC Evo
    Verizon HTC Incredible
    Verizon Motorola Droid X

Additional devices are expected to support MLB.TV as new devices are released.

I was also told this:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for your inquiry.

There is a list of supported Android phones capable of live streaming video of the games. We will be adding more phone to the list of supported devices including the Incredible. The list is as follows:

Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    HTC Evo
    Samsung Epic

If you have any further questions please feel free to call our Mobile Customer Support at 1-866-306-5311.

Sincerely,
    MLB.com Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I was also told this:
    can you post the page/email address where you submitted your question?

can you post the page/email address where you submitted your question?
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/contact_us.jsp

That should work.

If not, I would try this: mlb14@maileu.custhelp.com.

Thanks, just sent them my question.

Has anyone tried the MLB At Bat app for an iPad yet? The past couple of years, I've enjoyed the app on my iPhone, but was was wondering if it's worth it on the iPad?

I imagine that it works as good and more then likely much better on ipad.Just a guess though.

A note about an other Apple product.I have the new Apple TV and a few days ago installed the latest update.When I rebooted I was very pleased to see a new MLB app that allows me to actually enjoy my mlb.tv subscription on an actual TV.

Got a droid in part because of this thread as my current contract was up and I was due an upgrade. Sure have not been disappointed and the mlb app is soooo good it is almost beyond words. Three quick screen taps to reds baseball (or any other game). Just so full of win.

I bought the ap for my Droid Pro, which is not on the list of supported phones, and it works great The only problem I have had is that the volume is low when driving. I am trying to find a way to broadcast the stream through my car speakers.

Any ideas?
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    It's a great app Boss. I'd highly recommend it. I never encountered any blackout issues, so I don't think that applies to the radio portion. I think the $15 is a fair price as you have access to all MLB games, and you can select the home or away broadcast. It also adds highlight video clips during the games. I definitely got my $15 out of it last year.

I was going to ask about this because I see the Iphone App says you can get all the spring training games. This is great but I wanted to double check that I can get the regular season radio feeds too right?
    I mean I can get them without re-subscribing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by NDRed View Post
    I bought the ap for my Droid Pro, which is not on the list of supported phones, and it works great The only problem I have had is that the volume is low when driving. I am trying to find a way to broadcast the stream through my car speakers.

Any ideas?
    FM Transmitters for MP3's

I used to use one of these to transmit podcasts to my car stereo back before I got a radio with an aux input. It worked pretty well, you just have to make sure you are on a frequency that isn't occupied (surprising hard to do here in Cincinnati). Just make sure you get one that uses the regular audio jack as the source and not the Ipod specific ones that plug in to the sync port of the Ipods.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Turn Off Ads?