Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Thanks for the info - my Droid X eats through the extended battery much faster than my BB Curve ever did, so I already have an extra charger at work.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    I work downtown Cincinnati and can't get an AM radio signal to penetrate the concrete jungle I'm in. MLB at BAT2010 for my blackberry was the best 15$ I spent last year. You get the audio streaming live, but also get the video highlights (usually every half inning behind) and condensed games also. I still go back and watch Bruces' homerun that clinched the division.

*edit Forgot to add the only downside to the app on my Blackberry was, it drained my battery faster than my wife drains the bank account. So have remote charging capabilities if possible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I actually have that app and I'm hoping I'm able to pick up a station that broadcasts Reds' games where it's not blocked. I guess I won't know if that will work until the games start.
    Yeah, I'd imagine you can give it a solid test run during the spring training games though.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Yeah, I'd imagine you can give it a solid test run during the spring training games though.

Can't wait to see highlights on my 5" Dell streak. I will be getting this app!
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

MLB at bat 2010 right now shows as a free download on my Streak.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Can't wait to see highlights on my 5" Dell streak. I will be getting this app!
    If I were you, I'd email MLBtv about getting live video for the Streak. I emailed about my Incredible and they said they planned to have it shortly.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

IIRC, last year's ST games were available on the regular stream of WLW. I listened from my Internet radio, something I only dream of doing during the regular season.

All you would need to pick up the WLW stream on Android is the iheartradio app.

On a side note: Myself, Unassisted, and TRF all changed avatars today. Kinda odd. TRF, you were one of the few who still had the same avatar as when I joined here. Now WoY, Pedro, Tommyjohn25, and Brutus are about the only ones I can think of.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Are we talking like the MLB at Bat app for Android? If so, I believe I had considered that option but it was too expensive to be able to listen to the relatively small amount of weekday afternoon games the Reds have. I can't remember the price but I recall it being enough that I'd just get by with the subpar radio reception I get.
    Yep. I subscribe to the MLB At Bat program on my BlackBerry. For $14.,95 I get the game audio and I can stream it to my Ford through Sync or just listen on earphones at work. That's less than $3 per month and I consider it a deal. And on my Torch, battery life is not a problem. When I was on vacation at Myrtle Beach, I listened to west coast games and never lost battery even after using the phone for business all day. Of course, when at work or in the car, you can always plug it in,
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 02-12-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    On a side note: Myself, Unassisted, and TRF all changed avatars today. Kinda odd. TRF, you were one of the few who still had the same avatar as when I joined here. Now WoY, Pedro, Tommyjohn25, and Brutus are about the only ones I can think of.

I know I dont post as much as I used to, but still rockin the same avatar. Doesnt seem as fitting though with the Reds success..much better vibe around here these days, a lot less yelling..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

On a side note: Myself, Unassisted, and TRF all changed avatars today. Kinda odd. TRF, you were one of the few who still had the same avatar as when I joined here.
    New season, new look.

I used to switch avatars a few times a year, but decided to quit sporting an avatar after losing access to Photoshop and the ability to customize.

Last summer, I picked up the Adobe Creative Suite, got Photoshop back again and re-learned how to use the CS4 version. We'll see if I get inspired to do more with avatars.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I've had the same avatar for 10 years...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I have an iPhone, and for what it's worth MLB at bat 2010 cost $14.99, so I would assume the same price for 2011.

Not sure if that affects your decision one way or the other, but just throwing that out there.
    The MLB at bat app for my iphone lead me to canceling extra innings this year.

I get to listen to all the games in the late afternoon while at work, head home, spend time with my kids, then watch every pitch put into play of the Reds, and any other game that night. In an hour I can watch half a dozen games.

Saves money and time. Great app and worth the $15.

Was $12 two years ago so it may go up again in price for 2011.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Got the atbat app and would use it as i mowed the lawn. Most expensive app I get (hey, I'm cheap) but the most worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I've had the same avatar for 10 years...
    I've had the same avatar since I signed up.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?