Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Re: Listening to Reds' Games on an Android Device?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Got a droid in part because of this thread as my current contract was up and I was due an upgrade. Sure have not been disappointed and the mlb app is soooo good it is almost beyond words. Three quick screen taps to reds baseball (or any other game). Just so full of win.
    you can make the reds your favorite team and put the app on a screen as a widget. it will always show the current or last game in the widget. from there i think it is one click to the preview or scoreboard, and maybe one more to listen.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    you can make the reds your favorite team and put the app on a screen as a widget. it will always show the current or last game in the widget. from there i think it is one click to the preview or scoreboard, and maybe one more to listen.
    Absolutely delighful news I can use.

Video not working on my phone. Hopefully this is just an opening day thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Video not working on my phone. Hopefully this is just an opening day thing.
    I couldn't get the audio feed to work earlier for the 1:15 games. It seems to be working now. Hopefully they'll get video fixed quickly.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

AT BAT app working great on my HTC EVO.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I can get the video and game features to work but the radio stream only worked for about twenty minutes before it totally died on my Droid 2. Hopefully it works again soon. It worked during spring training for me.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I can get the video and game features to work but the radio stream only worked for about twenty minutes before it totally died on my Droid 2. Hopefully it works again soon. It worked during spring training for me.
    What did you have to do to get the video stream working? I have an Incredible, but I'd imagine our apps are the same.

To get to audio, I click the little drop down menu from the scoreboard that gives me the option for audio or gameday.... was there just an extra video option for you? I had no video option.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

The video is terrible on my Verizon Droid X as well.

And it's not live- it's just the video replays.
    sorry we're boring

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    'Bout all of 'em will be this year, as we have so many national games, and FSO has to fill its 145-game quota.

That is some great news right there. I've said all along that FSN would be smart to televise more day games anyway. A lot more people work from home these days. I personally go into the office 2x per week and work from home 3x per week.

I've got a better cell connection today in my office and I'm able to get the live video stream going. Pretty awesome. The picture quality is not excellent but the stream seems to be working well.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    FWIW, Opening Day is always terrible for streaming audio and video. EVERYBODY who bought it wants to use it and the streams just bog down. It gets better after OD.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    FWIW, Opening Day is always terrible for streaming audio and video. EVERYBODY who bought it wants to use it and the streams just bog down. It gets better after OD.
    Thanks for the comments! I thought it was just me and then the At Bat 11 app had an update today which made me even more curious about what happened. Hopefully it works when I try it again (probably not until Sunday since I'll be at the game tomorrow night). Glad to know I wasn't the only one who had issues.

And for the record, I was referring to the videos from the game that worked fine, not the video feed which I will never be able to access when I'm here in Cincy due to blackout rules.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Tonights game is the free game available via the at bat app if you don't have mlb.tv and you aren't blacked out (either regionally or drunkenly).

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Tonights game is the free game available via the at bat app if you don't have mlb.tv and you aren't blacked out (either regionally or drunkenly).
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how the video performs on my phone, since I have yet to get the At-Bat 2011 audio to play for more than 5 minutes at a time on my Samsung Intercept. I suspect that has more to do with an underpowered phone than my wifi connection or the quality of the stream. I was really spoiled by how well the At-Bat app worked on my iPod Touch.

I am having problems with popping sounds on my HTC EVO Sprint phone while streaming in 3G. I searched online and hopefully have a fix....

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...streaming.html

I had to call Sprint to get the MSL.

Hopefully it will work good today.

Turn Off Ads?