Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Redszone ever considered a tech/geek forum?

Re: Has Redszone ever considered a tech/geek forum?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Well, yes. I should have been more specific.

Speaking of that, have you taken any more classes since GPS last summer?
    Yeah, I've been taking one course at a time. I should have my Masters finished up later this year.

You're getting pretty close to being done with your undergrad, aren't you?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Yeah, I've been taking one course at a time. I should have my Masters finished up later this year.

You're getting pretty close to being done with your undergrad, aren't you?
    Yep, I'm done this quarter. 'bout time since I was an '05 high school grad.

Now I've got grad school to look forward to. I don't wanna get my butt kicked by the real world quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I'm a geek. Just not a smart one and would not be able to advance these types of discussions beyond a 5th grade level of understanding

I am a kid that scored in the 92 percentile on the ASVAB, but the 10 percentile in mechanics, electrical, etc. And sadly, that included most girls.

Oh, and taking that test? Worst thing I could have done. Didn't even have an interest in the military, just thought the results might come in handy. It didn't help much and couldn't get rid of recruiters for months after.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

That's all I've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I've always been a closet nerd, but going back to school this past year has caused me to kinda let my inner geek out, so to speak. I've been watching a bunch of great stuff on Nat Geo and History channels, and recently came across Sixty Symbols on YouTube.

(Side note: youtube is an amazing source of incredibly helpful and informational videos. I do a large portion of my studying via youtube where I learn the material faster, understand it much more clearly, and retain it longer than I would otherwise. And so far it's cost me a total of $0.00)

For anybody unfamiliar with them, Sixty Symbols takes intriguing and/or challenging physics concepts and basically has some of Nottingham's more interesting professors explain or demonstrate them. Below is a pretty good one in which the Drinking Bird is explained...

YouTube - Drinking Bird - Sixty Symbols

Turn Off Ads?