Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lebron James confronts heckler

Lebron James confronts heckler

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/lebr...kling-20110212

LeBron James faced down and called out a heckling fan who insulted his mother during the Miami Heat's 106-92 win over the Detroit Pistons, the Miami Herald reported Saturday.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Legends Never Die

Re: Lebron James confronts heckler

I mean Lebron does have a point I mean heckling is one thing. But attacking family members really? Sounds like a bunch of Steelers fans cheering after Carson got hurt. It is just amazing to see that some sports fan have zero class these days.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    I mean Lebron does have a point I mean heckling is one thing. But attacking family members really? Sounds like a bunch of Steelers fans cheering after Carson got hurt. It is just amazing to see that some sports fan have zero class these days.
    I don't go in for heckling one's family, but in this case, LeBron's mom has been gravy-training his fame since he was in high school. For example, when he was at St. Vs, he smashed a backboard at another local high school during a tournament. When Gloria James requested the school let them have the rim as a memento, the school asked if LeBron would consider signing a basketball so that the school could auction it to get money to replace the smashed backboard. Instead of just saying "sure, we'll ask him to sign a ball" or "nah, that's okay, just keep the rim," she immediately ran to the papers crying about how the mean school wouldn't give them the rim as a keepsake. When she was able to buy her son a custom hummer for his birthday while he was still in high school and she was still living in Section 8 housing, she had no problem talking to the papers about how great it was that she could do something like that for her son, although she wouldn't say where she got the money.

If she were a private person who shied away from the spotlight, I'd be more offended. When you put yourself into the public eye, you kind of ask for it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't go in for heckling one's family, but in this case, LeBron's mom has been gravy-training his fame since he was in high school. For example, when he was at St. Vs, he smashed a backboard at another local high school during a tournament. When Gloria James requested the school let them have the rim as a memento, the school asked if LeBron would consider signing a basketball so that the school could auction it to get money to replace the smashed backboard. Instead of just saying "sure, we'll ask him to sign a ball" or "nah, that's okay, just keep the rim," she immediately ran to the papers crying about how the mean school wouldn't give them the rim as a keepsake. When she was able to buy her son a custom hummer for his birthday while he was still in high school and she was still living in Section 8 housing, she had no problem talking to the papers about how great it was that she could do something like that for her son, although she wouldn't say where she got the money.

If she were a private person who shied away from the spotlight, I'd be more offended. When you put yourself into the public eye, you kind of ask for it.
    I see your point, but still, they were heckling his mother, with his children just a few seats away. I mean, c'mon. And the guy was offended because LeBron cursed? Really?

On the flipside, isn't it great that she's no longer in need of section 8 housing because Lebron is such a productive member of society? Think about all the taxes he's paying on those millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    On the flipside, isn't it great that she's no longer in need of section 8 housing because Lebron is such a productive member of society? Think about all the taxes he's paying on those millions.
    Yep, that's great. But it's beside the point. She's been more than willing to put herself in the public eye because of her son and even cash in on it before he was making those millions. If you're going to live your life in the media, you're going to have to deal with hecklers. I'm not saying the heckler was right, but I think LeBron needs to grow a tougher skin.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Legends Never Die

Yep, that's great. But it's beside the point. She's been more than willing to put herself in the public eye because of her son and even cash in on it before he was making those millions. If you're going to live your life in the media, you're going to have to deal with hecklers. I'm not saying the heckler was right, but I think LeBron needs to grow a tougher skin.
    i would say it was pretty tough skin to just yell at the guy. He could have pulled a Ron Artest and gone into the crowd after a guy.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

I am thinking about all the ways he can avoid paying all those taxes. Moving to Florida is one way. Another way is funneling his income through his own charitable organizations by using the 501(3) tax exemption.

Read up on 501(3) and how people like Lebron, pay less taxes than you would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I am thinking about all the ways he can avoid paying all those taxes. Moving to Florida is one way. Another way is funneling his income through his own charitable organizations by using the 501(3) tax exemption.

Read up on 501(3) and how people like Lebron, pay less taxes than you would expect.
    I was aware Florida has no state income tax, I was just trying to balance the insult about their living conditions with the fact that he has now paid back more in taxes than received.

I'll check out the 501(3) maybe if I'm lucky I can do that someday. I'm all about people keeping as much fruit of their labor as possible.

I was aware Florida has no state income tax, I was just trying to balance the insult about their living conditions with the fact that he has now paid back more in taxes than received.

I'll check out the 501(3) maybe if I'm lucky I can do that someday. I'm all about people keeping as much fruit of their labor as possible.

And he should be able to play in an arena where his team plays 'rent free' to the county while that money they save is used to compensate his salary. An arena sitting on $38 million dollars on prime water front county land where the county actually pays tens of millions in operating expenses.

I can't blame James for not paying his fair share of taxes, most people would do the same in his situation.

Yeah, but I think every new arena is in a "special tax district" where they tax the hell out of the visiting talent to help pay for the arena.

I'd say heckling a player is wrong regardless of the content of the insult, how much money they make, and how big their tax liability is on their income.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

And he should be able to play in an arena where his team plays 'rent free' to the county while that money they save is used to compensate his salary. An arena sitting on $38 million dollars on prime water front county land where the county actually pays tens of millions in operating expenses.

I can't blame James for not paying his fair share of taxes, most people would do the same in his situation.
    So did they build the arena on a mountain of cash or on land?

It wasn't an insult about their living conditions. Plenty of people live in Section 8 housing while trying to get on their feet. I have no beef with people on Section 8 housing. Now when a person who lives in Section 8 housing buys a customized Hummer for her high-school student son, with Playstations built into the seats and "King James" stitched in the leather, and then brags about it in the papers, well then I think that shows a certain lack of judgment and class, especially at a time when LeBron was merely a great high school player who could have washed out of the NBA. While it's nice that LeBron can support his mom now, how much he pays in taxes is irrelevant. My point was that his mom doesn't seem to have a problem putting herself in the public eye when it suits her. So LeBron really shouldn't be surprised when people bring up the more sordid details about her when they become publicly known.

Turn Off Ads?