Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ryan Widmer - 3rd time is a charm....

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Ryan Widmer - 3rd time is a charm....

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    And I have to say, the fact that Warren County detectives apparently gossip about murder investigations with their high school/college age nephews, who then go onto very popular local message boards to state that they will reveal that gossip after a case "would hurry up and be official," doesn't actually do a lot to dispel what people are saying about the corruption and ignorance in Warren County..
    I don't really have a huge problem with that aspect, at least. I expect cops to talk -- even if just to maintain their own sanity -- to family members about things they work on. I'd just hope family members would understand (or be told by said cops) that they have a responsibility, when they do hear information relating to that sort of work, to be judicious about how they present it to others.

Speaking from personal experience, I know it's fun to hear juicy details and there's a natural human impulse to want to be the "cool guy" who has the inside information, but rule number 1 of "insider-ness" is to always protect your source.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't really have a huge problem with that aspect, at least. I expect cops to talk -- even if just to maintain their own sanity -- to family members about things they work on. I'd just hope family members would understand (or be told by said cops) that they have a responsibility, when they do hear information relating to that sort of work, to be judicious about how they present it to others.

Speaking from personal experience, I know it's fun to hear juicy details and there's a natural human impulse to want to be the "cool guy" who has the inside information, but rule number 1 of "insider-ness" is to always protect your source.
    The problem with "insider-ness" is in situations like this you are dealing with a mans life and his freedom. Believe me I as well want to hear all the juicy details but realize that there is a time and place for that. When a mans life hangs in the balance there is a need for discretion.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The problem with "insider-ness" is in situations like this you are dealing with a mans life and his freedom. Believe me I as well want to hear all the juicy details but realize that there is a time and place for that. When a mans life hangs in the balance there is a need for discretion.
    Really, as long as no one on the jury was part of the insider-ness, it's kind of a moot issue. His freedom might've hung in the balance, but nothing said to a family member or on a public internet message board is going to change a thing.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

If you truly care about this man and his freedom there are better ways you can help him out than to demand discretion from strangers on a sports message board.

Turn Off Ads?