Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: New Jerseys?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    14

    New Jerseys?

    Does anyone know if the jerseys the Reds wore on the Caravan and are sporting out in Goodyear are just for spring training? I think they look better than our current Sunday home jerseys. Would love to see them make there way into the rotation. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by TyKush614; 02-16-2011 at 06:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by TyKush614 View Post
    Does anyone know if the jerseys the Reds wore on the Caravan and are sporting out in Goodyear are just for spring training? I think they look better than are current Sunday home jerseys. Would love to see them make there way into the rotation. Any thoughts?
    I completely disagree haha. The red alternate they wear on Sundays is probably my favorite jersey, and I wasn't a fan of the jerseys they were wearing at redsfest at all. I thought they looked like they came from Wal-Mart or something, but to each his own, lol.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    14

    Re: New Jerseys?

    I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions. I'm an OSU grad, so maybe is just the red and script lettering that brings me back to fall Saturdays in the Shoe.

  4. #4
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by TyKush614 View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions. I'm an OSU grad, so maybe is just the red and script lettering that brings me back to fall Saturdays in the Shoe.
    haha very nice, welcome to the board. Go Bucks!

  5. #5
    Legends Never Die
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Chester and Toledo, OH
    Posts
    204

    Re: New Jerseys?

    I sure hope not I thing those jerseys are hideous!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

    If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    869

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I completely disagree haha. The red alternate they wear on Sundays is probably my favorite jersey, and I wasn't a fan of the jerseys they were wearing at redsfest at all. I thought they looked like they came from Wal-Mart or something, but to each his own, lol.
    Totally agree with the Wal-Mart reference. I WOULD say that I wish they would quit changing these around, but it's not like I'll ever buy a BP jersey, so I guess it doesn't matter. At least we aren't the Mets, with like 5 different jerseys.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Re: New Jerseys?

    the new red spring training jerseys remind me of my old little league jerseys back in the mid 90's. Now if they just had an old mesh hat with a ironed on R on it, it would be all set!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,265

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Yeah, they look like some cheap, knockoff flea market version of a Reds jersey.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  9. #9
    Legends Never Die
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Chester and Toledo, OH
    Posts
    204

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Yeah, they look like some cheap, knockoff flea market version of a Reds jersey.
    HAHA. With misspelled name plates who is Vutto?
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

    If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    153

    Re: New Jerseys?

    has anyone ever ordered a jersey from this site? I know it's just a nock off asian site that sells "authentic" looking jerseys but for the price I wouldn't mind buying a jersey or two. I notice they don't take credit cards only paypal and you have to complete your order over an e-mail.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,265

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    has anyone ever ordered a jersey from this site? I know it's just a nock off asian site that sells "authentic" looking jerseys but for the price I wouldn't mind buying a jersey or two. I notice they don't take credit cards only paypal and you have to complete your order over an e-mail.
    Not from that site, but I did order an Eric Davis 1990 throwback last year thta was one of htose types. It looks like it overall, some difference, mainly in the material or finish (seemed shiny in spots). Think maybe the patches were smaller then reg size as well, have to look again to rememer.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: New Jerseys?

    What Brandon Phillips thinks of the new jerseys:

    From Twitter: RT @DatDudeBP: Its NOT my cup of tea, but im happy i have one tho RT @whitestripesnet: @DatDudeBP What's your thoughts on the new BP jerseys for the #Reds?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,265

    Re: New Jerseys?

    Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    What Brandon Phillips thinks of the new jerseys:

    From Twitter: RT @DatDudeBP: Its NOT my cup of tea, but im happy i have one tho RT @whitestripesnet: @DatDudeBP What's your thoughts on the new BP jerseys for the #Reds?
    Haha, I love one of Brandons pics from the team pics other day; has his hand on his hat, seems he is sending a message to all those that were so concerned over him wearing another hat in the offseason.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  14. #14
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,855

    Re: New Jerseys?

    In 2004 the Florida Gators Football media guide featured a crocodile on the cover instead of an alligator. Rival fans called us the "crocs" for about 2 years, then it died off.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25