Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

What a steaming pile of excrement.

I said it once before about someone else, but it's even more fitting here, if the mob stuck a horse's head in bed with Jim Gray, they'd have a whole horse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf-323395

Mods, fix the title please.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

Jim Gray is unbearable to watch. He's one of the few tv sports guys I turn the channel for when they're on. I can't stand him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Good. I can't stand him. Its amazing his face ever appears on tv. I will never forget his disrespectable interview of Pete Rose a few years back. He's a complete jerk.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Good. I can't stand him. Its amazing his face ever appears on tv. I will never forget his disrespectable interview of Pete Rose a few years back. He's a complete jerk.
    In hindsight I think it was Pete that looked silly denying what was later shown to be true

For a Level Playing Field

Jim Gray seems to put aside tact, professionalism and gentlemens rules to be "the one" to get the big story. Yet the only big stories he seems to get are bringing attention to himself for not having the afore-mentioned qualities. Too bad. Because he seems to have the abilties (just not the qualities) to be a good reporter.

I don't dislike Gray and it seems that he was at one point on the trek to follow in the footsteps of a Bob Costas, he is a REALLY good interviewer and like it or not, Pete was in the wrong and him being one of my favorite players of all time don't excuse what a HUGE lack of character he possesses...that isn't the fault of Jim Gray .
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    In hindsight I think it was Pete that looked silly denying what was later shown to be true
    I agree, Pete Rose made himself look like a fool over the years. The incident I'm talking about, however, had nothing to do with that. I believe it was the All-Century ceremony where Pete was allowed on the field for the first time in awhile. It was a happy occasion for all, then Gray comes in and bombards Rose with question after question about his past. In a nutshell, it was the wrong place and the wrong time for such questions. IMO, Gray acted like a slimeball that night trying to get any story he could.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I agree, Pete Rose made himself look like a fool over the years. The incident I'm talking about, however, had nothing to do with that. I believe it was the All-Century ceremony where Pete was allowed on the field for the first time in awhile. It was a happy occasion for all, then Gray comes in and bombards Rose with question after question about his past. In a nutshell, it was the wrong place and the wrong time for such questions. IMO, Gray acted like a slimeball that night trying to get any story he could.
    I agree, that was neither the time nor the place to be questioning Rose about his ban, should have just enjoyed the moment like Rose said, wouldn't have lost any sleep if Rose would have kicked in the stomach, gave him a stunner, flipped him off, and poured 2 cans of Steveweisers all over him!

Wasn't Gray the host for LeBron's "Decision?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I still can't believe he was trying to interview Dustin Johnson during his round. That has to be something you would learn about in Interviewing 101. That'd be similar to him walking out to the pitching mound with 2 outs in the 6th inning to ask the pitcher a question. I hope the Golf Channel doesn't invite him back.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the incident you're referring to and I cede your point. I don't think Jim Gray was acting independently there. Since he wasn't reprimanded afterwards my guess is he had the blessing of NBC and others.

I preferred that interview to one where he merely asked Pete what it felt like to be the Hit King or something along those lines. It showed for all of history what lengths Pete would go to to preserve his story. If OJ were allowed a day out of jail to attend an all Century NFL tribute, I'd welcome Jim Gray to pound him about Nicole and Ron.

I do understand where you're coming from. I'd agree if Jim Gray treated Stan Musial that way. I just feel like Pete has lost his moral standing to complain about how he's treated

I do understand where you're coming from. I'd agree if Jim Gray treated Stan Musial that way. I just feel like Pete has lost his moral standing to complain about how he's treated
    I understand where you are coming from in stating that most fans feel hurt and appalled that Pete lied all of those years. Personally I;m too much of a Pete homer to hate him for lying. I fully support his induction and reinstatement into baseball 150%, history doesn't lie and as much as MLB tries they can never erase him from the books.

I really wasn't one bit dissappointed when the truth came out, I just thought, "Yeah so? You're human aren't ya? Why does MLB (mostly Bob Feller) expect you to be a goody 2 shoes-boy scout to be admitted in to the hall?"

So frankly I could care less what Pete did with his personal life, I admire him as a baseball player as the MLB-HOF should.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from in stating that most fans feel hurt and appalled that Pete lied all of those years. Personally I;m too much of a Pete homer to hate him for lying. I fully support his induction and reinstatement into baseball 150%, history doesn't lie and as much as MLB tries they can never erase him from the books.

I really wasn't one bit dissappointed when the truth came out, I just thought, "Yeah so? You're human aren't ya? Why does MLB (mostly Bob Feller) expect you to be a goody 2 shoes-boy scout to be admitted in to the hall?"

So frankly I could care less what Pete did with his personal life, I admire him as a baseball player as the MLB-HOF should.
    What does being human have to do with it? Most humans don't carry on with a lie for over a decade like Pete has. In fact I'd like to think that he isn't representative of the human race.

He was a wonderful baseball player but I understand why he's not in the Hall of Fame and it had nothing to do with his numbers. He agreed to a ban from MLB and the Hall is part of that

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post

Betting on baseball isn't just his personal life.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

What does being human have to do with it? Most humans don't carry on with a lie for over a decade like Pete has. In fact I'd like to think that he isn't representative of the human race.

He was a wonderful baseball player but I understand why he's not in the Hall of Fame and it had nothing to do with his numbers. He agreed to a ban from MLB and the Hall is part of that
    Well being human has to do with everything meaning that the flesh is weak and you are going to slip up and make mistakes in life. I really don't blame him for lying all of those years, making the Hall meant more to him than anything at that point in his life and he was merely improvising and it was just his nature to lie, he is a habitual liar granted. He is who he is. And I still admire the fire and intensity that he possesses, that is probably why he lied all of those years because he doesn't like to lose. But he didn't break any laws of society (except the income tax issue), but so he placed some bets, big deal, I bet on sports all of the time and I love it!

Turn Off Ads?