Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Well being human has to do with everything meaning that the flesh is weak and you are going to slip up and make mistakes in life.

So because humans are prone to mistakes there should be no lifetime sentences?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So because humans are prone to mistakes there should be no lifetime sentences?
    Uh did he rape, molest, or kill anyone? He made some bets, BIG DEAL! Get over it and support a man that will enter Cooperstown as a Cincinnati Red.

Uh did he rape, molest, or kill anyone? He made some bets, BIG DEAL! Get over it and support a man that will enter Cooperstown as a Cincinnati Red.
    So you're ok with professional baseball players/managers betting on baseball?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So you're ok with professional baseball players/managers betting on baseball?
    Yes, I just made a bet on baseball 2 days ago, I bet my buddy 20.00 that the Reds would have a better regular season record this year than the Braves, made the same bet last year and we both won 91 games, broke even. I always make bets on the All-Star Game and I always bet on the National League, I never bet against the Reds, I always bet on them, like the Ebay shirt says "I'm with Pete, give me 200 on the Reds!"

Yes, I just made a bet on baseball 2 days ago, I bet my buddy 20.00 that the Reds would have a better regular season record this year than the Braves, made the same bet last year and we both won 91 games, broke even. I always make bets on the All-Star Game and I always bet on the National League, I never bet against the Reds, I always bet on them, like the Ebay shirt says "I'm with Pete, give me 200 on the Reds!"
    Not sure why anyone would care what you bet on, but most people know it's a bad idea for professional athletes to bet on the sports in which they play.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I disagree with you as do the powers that be in MLB. In fact of all the things Pete has said, I've never heard him say that the rule is silly and he ought to be allowed to bet on baseball. Your view is as far out as I've heard on this and that's what makes the internet fun. Thanks for the chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I disagree with you as do the powers that be in MLB. In fact of all the things Pete has said, I've never heard him say that the rule is silly and he ought to be allowed to bet on baseball. Your view is as far out as I've heard on this and that's what makes the internet fun. Thanks for the chuckle!
    This message board is probably all you have isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Wasn't Gray the host for LeBron's "Decision?"
    Yep. Jim Gray has been a hack for a long time, and I'm not saying that because of the Pete Rose interview either. I remember him covering the swimming competition for NBC at the Sydney Olympics (I think it was Sydney). Anyway, he was such a blatant homer it was embarrassing. He would interview the medal winners at poolside, asking the Americans all kinds of questions about why they didn't win while playing down the achievements of the Aussies and others who put up incredible times. You could tell the swimmers, whether American, Aussie, or other nationality, were uncomfortable with his line of questions. He was as bad as some of those old gymnastics announcers who would get excited when a Soviet or Chinese gymnast got hurt.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?