Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

  1. #16
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Well being human has to do with everything meaning that the flesh is weak and you are going to slip up and make mistakes in life.

    So because humans are prone to mistakes there should be no lifetime sentences?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So because humans are prone to mistakes there should be no lifetime sentences?
    Uh did he rape, molest, or kill anyone? He made some bets, BIG DEAL! Get over it and support a man that will enter Cooperstown as a Cincinnati Red.

  4. #18
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Uh did he rape, molest, or kill anyone? He made some bets, BIG DEAL! Get over it and support a man that will enter Cooperstown as a Cincinnati Red.
    So you're ok with professional baseball players/managers betting on baseball?

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So you're ok with professional baseball players/managers betting on baseball?
    Yes, I just made a bet on baseball 2 days ago, I bet my buddy 20.00 that the Reds would have a better regular season record this year than the Braves, made the same bet last year and we both won 91 games, broke even. I always make bets on the All-Star Game and I always bet on the National League, I never bet against the Reds, I always bet on them, like the Ebay shirt says "I'm with Pete, give me 200 on the Reds!"

  6. #20
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Yes, I just made a bet on baseball 2 days ago, I bet my buddy 20.00 that the Reds would have a better regular season record this year than the Braves, made the same bet last year and we both won 91 games, broke even. I always make bets on the All-Star Game and I always bet on the National League, I never bet against the Reds, I always bet on them, like the Ebay shirt says "I'm with Pete, give me 200 on the Reds!"
    Not sure why anyone would care what you bet on, but most people know it's a bad idea for professional athletes to bet on the sports in which they play.

  7. #21
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Yes, I just made a bet on baseball 2 days ago, I bet my buddy 20.00 that the Reds would have a better regular season record this year than the Braves, made the same bet last year and we both won 91 games, broke even. I always make bets on the All-Star Game and I always bet on the National League, I never bet against the Reds, I always bet on them, like the Ebay shirt says "I'm with Pete, give me 200 on the Reds!"
    I disagree with you as do the powers that be in MLB. In fact of all the things Pete has said, I've never heard him say that the rule is silly and he ought to be allowed to bet on baseball. Your view is as far out as I've heard on this and that's what makes the internet fun. Thanks for the chuckle!

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I disagree with you as do the powers that be in MLB. In fact of all the things Pete has said, I've never heard him say that the rule is silly and he ought to be allowed to bet on baseball. Your view is as far out as I've heard on this and that's what makes the internet fun. Thanks for the chuckle!
    This message board is probably all you have isn't it?

  9. #23
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: Jim Gray gets booted from Golf Ch. coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Wasn't Gray the host for LeBron's "Decision?"
    Yep. Jim Gray has been a hack for a long time, and I'm not saying that because of the Pete Rose interview either. I remember him covering the swimming competition for NBC at the Sydney Olympics (I think it was Sydney). Anyway, he was such a blatant homer it was embarrassing. He would interview the medal winners at poolside, asking the Americans all kinds of questions about why they didn't win while playing down the achievements of the Aussies and others who put up incredible times. You could tell the swimmers, whether American, Aussie, or other nationality, were uncomfortable with his line of questions. He was as bad as some of those old gymnastics announcers who would get excited when a Soviet or Chinese gymnast got hurt.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25