Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else think the NCAA has screwed up their brand of baseball?

Re: Anyone else think the NCAA has screwed up their brand of baseball?

The coach at my old college sends out email updates every couple of weeks on the stats with the new bats. It seems that the league ERA is down about a run since last year and all the offensive stats were down significantly as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The coach at my old college sends out email updates every couple of weeks on the stats with the new bats. It seems that the league ERA is down about a run since last year and all the offensive stats were down significantly as well.
    Less excuses for scouts to goof up power predictions. Baseball as a whole feel in love with the long ball and everything was tilted to help push those up. Now minus Steroids we're seeing a return to an era where basics is more important, it might take a couple years but I think we will see more of a game where it might slightly be tilted to favor the pitchers but with the bandboxes in the league serving as a balance for hitters.
    Last edited by Slyder; 05-11-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ok, I've been in Myrtle Beach and over the last 5 days I watched my brother's team play 9 games.

I can see a difference in the bats. Over the 9 games vs. 7 different opponents there were 4 HRs (one a 400+ft. blast by my bro ). That seems way low. I played college ball at basically the same level and we would average 1-2 HRs a game from either team.

Could have just been an odd week. The sound is different you still get a little "ping" most of the time, but everyone once in a while you'll hear a "crack". I'd have to look to make sure it wasn't a wood bat.

All the games were at the Cal Ripken Experience down in Myrtle Beach. That's a pretty cool facility. All the fields are modeled after old baseball stadiums. There was Griffith Field, The Polo Grounds and Navin.

All the fields are that synthetic turf. That stuff feels pretty nice.
    We're likely taking our 13U team to the Ripken Academy next summer. I've only heard great things about that place.

I'm going to start a new thread to discuss the new bat regulations, a place to post reviews of BBCOR bats, experiences, etc for YOUTH baseball. I was going to continue that discussion in this thread, but don't want to ruin the discussion about NCAA baseball.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-11-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?