Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati'ans should be ashamed if money is spent on the Bengals and not Reds

takealeake

Cincinnati'ans should be ashamed if money is spent on the Bengals and not Reds

Longtime Reds fan, but a 49ers fan in football. I can't see for the life of my why ANY Reds fan would waste money on the Bengals that could go to the Reds, especially right now. I just read a quote by Castellini that said ticket sales are up, but it doesn't look like a gigantic boost that the franchise deserves. This stadium should be filling with the kind of promise this team has.

Anyone who is wasting a single cent on the "other" team in Cincy should be ashamed. People should be cancelling Bungals tickets and using the money to go to more Reds games. Why would anyone want to go to a Bengals game anyway? To see them get embarrassed by the Steelers, Ravens Browns, and whoever else with the newest free agent signee straight off his parole hearing? Meanwhile the Reds have awesome young players who are about as selfless as it gets.

I don't get it. Plus the owners are going to selfishly lockout the players this coming NFL season anyway, so may as well go ahead and spend your money on what could be a very, very special season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Legends Never Die

Re: Cincinnati'ans should be ashamed if money is spent on the Bengals and not Reds

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Longtime Reds fan, but a 49ers fan in football. I can't see for the life of my why ANY Reds fan would waste money on the Bengals that could go to the Reds, especially right now. I just read a quote by Castellini that said ticket sales are up, but it doesn't look like a gigantic boost that the franchise deserves. This stadium should be filling with the kind of promise this team has.

Anyone who is wasting a single cent on the "other" team in Cincy should be ashamed. People should be cancelling Bungals tickets and using the money to go to more Reds games. Why would anyone want to go to a Bengals game anyway? To see them get embarrassed by the Steelers, Ravens Browns, and whoever else with the newest free agent signee straight off his parole hearing? Meanwhile the Reds have awesome young players who are about as selfless as it gets.

I don't get it. Plus the owners are going to selfishly lockout the players this coming NFL season anyway, so may as well go ahead and spend your money on what could be a very, very special season.
    I couldn't disagree with you more!

As a life long Cincinnati fan for both teams and a person who goes to a lot of games for both.

1st of all the Bengals had a rough season with a QB who didn't want to be hear and an offense that didn't click. The defense played their butts off every game and kept us in many games.

2nd. I spend my money equally on both teams because I love to root for both teams and see my city's teams do well. So don't preach to me about having to spend my money on just the Reds

3rd. I agree with you that the Reds do deserve more credit than the Bengals now because of the way Brown is running the team one of these days it could be after he dies they will figure out that a GM has always been needed to run the day to day football operations, with that being said the Bengals do well for the guys that they have on the team and it is fun to tailgate in Cincy, go to the games, and just be proud we have both an NFL and MLB team literally within a 1/4 mile of each other.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Re: Cincinnati'ans should be ashamed if money is spent on the Bengals and not Reds

The Bengals have won twice as many division titles as the Reds over the last ten years.

It always baffles me when people try to shame someone else for what they spend their money on. I'm a fan of both teams, and support both teams equally. However, if someone is more of an NFL fan, and chooses to spend their money on the Bengals, I don't think they have any need to feel "ashamed". Also, What Pony Boy said, the Bengals just won the division 2 years ago, and in 2005. Lets not pretend the Reds have been a dominant dynasty over the last decade because they won the division last year. The bottom line is whoever wins more will end up having higher ticket sales because every fan base has a group of fairweather bandwagon fans that are there in the good times, and don't care to show up when "their team" isn't good.

Also, be embarrassed by the Ravens and Browns?? Maybe you should check some stats before you post that. I know they split with both last year, and lost at baltimore 13-7 after a goal line stop by Baltimore, and they've dominated both of those teams head to head in recent years. They also swept the division and went 6-0 in 2010.

The Bengals have won 8 out of the last 12 vs. Baltimore, and 9 out of the last 11 matchups against Cleveland. How Embarrassing.
    Last edited by mroby85; 02-21-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Really guys...the Bengals have been in the playoffs twice in the last twenty years or so. And both times they lost in the first round...embarassingly.

I'm not defending all the poster said, but between the Bengals and Reds, I'd be taking the Fam to see the Reds.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 02-21-2011 at 11:49 PM.

When I think about buying Bengals tickets, I think about when Marty talked about the idiotic Cubs fans who keep selling out game after game for a losing team. All that does is keep owners happy and not wanting or needing to make any changes. I'm going to keep spending my money on good ownership and a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Really guys...the Bengals have been in the playoffs twice in the last twenty years or so. And both times they lost in the first round...embarassingly.

I'm not defending all the poster said, but between the Bengals and Reds, I'd be taking the Fam to see the Reds.
    and what have the reds done? won 1 nlds series, and been swept in 2 others, including a no-hitter.

Exactly. I love the Reds, but their showing in their 1 playoff appearance in the past 15 years was way more embarrassing then the Bengals close loses to the Jets and Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    It always baffles me when people try to shame someone else for what they spend their money on. I'm a fan of both teams, and support both teams equally. However, if someone is more of an NFL fan, and chooses to spend their money on the Bengals, I don't think they have any need to feel "ashamed". Also, What Pony Boy said, the Bengals just won the division 2 years ago, and in 2005. Lets not pretend the Reds have been a dominant dynasty over the last decade because they won the division last year. The bottom line is whoever wins more will end up having higher ticket sales because every fan base has a group of fairweather bandwagon fans that are there in the good times, and don't care to show up when "their team" isn't good.

Also, be embarrassed by the Ravens and Browns?? Maybe you should check some stats before you post that. I know they split with both last year, and lost at baltimore 13-7 after a goal line stop by Baltimore, and they've dominated both of those teams head to head in recent years. They also swept the division and went 6-0 in 2010.

The Bengals have won 8 out of the last 12 vs. Baltimore, and 9 out of the last 11 matchups against Cleveland. How Embarrassing.
    I think its likely embarrasing enough to admit being a Bengals fan ( MRoby), but as far as going and supporting their team, well, good for them!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I'm hoping to go to more Reds games this year than any other year before. Money's tight, though, and it's also a long drive.

throws 106. NBD.

The big difference between the two teams is that Castellini seems to be a great owner that actually cares about bringing a winner to the city. Brown only seems to care about lining his pockets. If he cared about producing a perennial winner he'd hire a real GM and surround himself with better football people.

If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't be spending a dime on them until Brown pulled his head of his his you know what. That said, you can't blame people for spending their money on their teams. I spend A LOT more on the Reds every year than I do on my NFL team (Jets) but only because it's more convenient (I can pick up and go to a game on a minutes notice) and I like baseball a bit more than I like football.

Not sure if the OP reads ORG much, but there is a thread about ticket sales for the Reds being up significantly over last year.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...significantly/

lol you're right bounty37, it's not been fun being a Bengals fan for the most part, but I thought it was funny with how many teams have dominated them, 2 out of the 3 that were chosen were teams they've played well against, lol.
    Also, what people have to remember is a lot of fans are my age so they weren't around for the big red machine, or the team in 90, so in the mnds of those fans the Bengals have been more successful during their lifetime than the Reds. That being said, it hasn't been a magic carpet ride to be a fan of either.
    Hopefully the increased ticket sales help lock Votto up for a very long time.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    lol you're right bounty37, it's not been fun being a Bengals fan for the most part, but I thought it was funny with how many teams have dominated them, 2 out of the 3 that were chosen were teams they've played well against, lol.
    Also, what people have to remember is a lot of fans are my age so they weren't around for the big red machine, or the team in 90, so in the mnds of those fans the Bengals have been more successful during their lifetime than the Reds. That being said, it hasn't been a magic carpet ride to be a fan of either.
    Hopefully the increased ticket sales help lock Votto up for a very long time.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post

Well one answer could people who buy Bengal tickets don't like baseball. The NFL is the No. 1 sport for a reason.

Turn Off Ads?