Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batting Practice at Goodyear Ballpark

Batting Practice at Goodyear Ballpark

I spent this afternoon at the ballpark with my daughter and grandson. We watched infield drills and batting practice. This is my first ST and I am amazed at how accessible the players are... My grandson got a ball from Jonny Gomes and several autographs. Fun Times...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Legends Never Die

Re: Batting Practice at Goodyear Ballpark

Very cool pictures are you planning on going down any other days? If so I would love to see some more pictures. It is great to see some of these players aren't to high and mighty to come over and give your grandson a ball and autographs. That is why I have always respected Gomes over some other players that may be on the team.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. Spring Training is the best time of year.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

I'll be down there most every day of ST, I just live up the hill... The players have been great, they seem pretty humble and are quick to give attention to kids like my grandson. I've especially been impressed with Jay Bruce, Joey Votto, Jonny Gomes, and Dusty. Here are a few more pics from today...

Thats so awesome! Man, I miss Spring Training! Glad they moved from Florida where it rained all the time It is a great time to watch ball, and meet some of the players without the crowds or stupid promos regular season games bring (I get so sick of Dora the frickin Explorer and her thousands of screaming kids who dont care about baseball or the game. Jealous you get to just go down the hill to catch it all!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Melbourne, Florida and Pickerington, Ohio

God, I love this game. This is such an exciting time to be a Reds fan. I envy the young man on the screen.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the Goodyear complex is awesome. The main ballpark is great and the practice fields are too. Not sure how it was set up in Florida, but this seems to work real well.

Legends Never Die

Next time you go down if it is possible snag a couple pictures of the actual complex and its layout I would love to see it all.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Awesome pics! I can almost smell the grass. I'm jealous, but thank you for sharing.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Can you get a good picture of Fred Lewis?

Here are some pics from this morning's workout. Unfortunately, my camera went dead half way through. More and more fans are showing up each day. We're getting closer. Weather for the first ST game isn't looking too good though.

I vote that the players take off those ugly softball shirts and burn em after practice and just go out in white tee's till the season starts. These have to be among the worst. Love seeing Joey with his pantlegs up though, I just dont like em down so low these days, esp those that hook em on their spikes.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Legends Never Die

I like how the park looks, it has a really modern snazzy look to it. Thanks for keeping us updated on the pics HitByPitch.

A few pics from Thursday morning's workout...

NL Central champs

Those are great pictures. I would love to be there

Turn Off Ads?