Turn Off Ads?

Thread: So how exactly do keeper leagues work?

So how exactly do keeper leagues work?

Ive been playing fantasy baseball for years but was always curious how keeper leagues work and where they are played? I just assumed you could go to one of the main sites and there was an option to join that type of league. After searching for information on it seems that isnt the case. Basically if anyone has any tips on how I would go about finding and joining a league I would appreciate it. Im always a very active owner and figured this would be a more entertaining league than my typical pay leagues. Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So how exactly do keeper leagues work?

There are lots of different ways that keeper leagues can be run. All the ones I have played in have had a commissioner that will keep track of whoever the keepers are and set them on their correct teams before the draft is to take place. I'm sure there are leagues where the process is automated as well, I'm not sure how much you can customize those.

As to the keepers themselves, there are multiple options as to how they are decided all based on how you decide to set the league up. Some of them you just keep a certain number of players each year, sometimes you will have to give up a draft pick for this year based on where you drafted the player the previous year, if you've ever played an auction league where each player has a $ amount associated with them then you can play in a keeper league where those $ values escalate a certain amount each year.. You can basically play one however you want.

However, I'm not sure the best place to find one if you don't have friends around you that play fantasy baseball. I'm in 2 keeper leagues, one of them with my roommates and other friends I know in real life, and one of them run off of this message board

Thanks for the info! Yeah thats kind of what I was finding is that you had to know someone. Seems strange in this day and age that a large fantasy site like CBS or others havent found a way to include keeper leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Thanks for the info! Yeah thats kind of what I was finding is that you had to know someone. Seems strange in this day and age that a large fantasy site like CBS or others havent found a way to include keeper leagues.
    Yahoo, CBS and ESPN all allow keeper leagues. By the way, Yahoo is the largest fantasy sports provider.

Turn Off Ads?